6Likes
  • 5 Post By steelcomp
  • 1 Post By steelcomp

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 16, 8:37 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Scott Foxwell

1471 blown pump gas 548...

Yes, it's a marine build but blower motors are always entertaining...

548ci, 4.53 bore x 4.25 stroke
Dart Sportsman Gen6 block
Scat standard weight crank, Scat 6.385 rods
JE dished blower pistons, 8.5:1 cr
Romac blower balancer
Canfield 355 heads (the last pair ever made) with CNC chamber and ported with Ferrea Competition intakes and SuperAlloy exhaust, Isky RAD Tool Room springs and Ti retainers.
T&D shaft rockers, rockers shot peened with spring oilers for endurance.
Straub custom solid roller, GS ultra Pro lifters and Smith Brothers 7/16 x .120 wall single taper pushrods.
Intake is from the Blower Shop and is ported to match the heads and a Superchiller that got o-ring'd on both sides.
Littlefield 1471 blower for pump gas and a pair of 1150 Holleys prepped by AED with their Teflon coating for the marine environment.
Pan is a big Stef's full sump, full kick out with a detailed Melling HV pump. Block also was set up with piston oilers from BLP.
Crank trigger is from Aerospace Eng. because they were the only ones I could find with a flying magnet wheel with the 6 bolt blower pattern.
Blower is 9% overdriven and showed 10.5# of boost and we ran 32* timing.
Best power today was 1147 @ 7000 still climbing and 989 lbs/ft @ 5000 on 93 oct BP premium pump gas.

Youtube vid of the last pull:

FOXWELL MOTORSPORTS
Straub Technologies

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 16, 9:04 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Jon

Re: 1471 blown pump gas 548...

Very nice, Scott.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 16, 9:19 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bill

Great job Scott cant imagine that power in a 19' flatbottom I'm liking those black valve covers Hmm

66 CDN Malibu SS A51,L34,M20 Aztec Bronze

Tremec by Liberty[/FONT]

Foxwell 475 BBC 688hp /610 tq
9.5 cr pump gas Brodix heads by Foxwell Straub hyd Roller
Crusin / Track video
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 16, 9:34 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
MARK

Nice work!

Machined GM production heads
Oil pan modifications
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 16, 10:13 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Gonna be one badass Boat.

'66 SS Chevelle
91 octane special
first day out
[email protected]
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 16, 11:56 PM
Senior Tech Team
JIM

Boost is neat stuff!! Cool build.....I've ridden in a blown 500" boat once....more like a religious experience!!

JIM

'67 Vette-555"/Gforce 5 Spd/Dana 60 IRS-3.07's

Best ET
Best MPH

200 MPH at TX Mile

"...when it's not pointing at a wall...grab a gear!"

*This Life Stuff ain't no dress rehearsal"
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 16, 1:35 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

That's going to be fun
Very nice Scott, great looking engine too

Mike (Wolfplace)
VISIT US AT

++Complete Machine shop & Dyno services++
================================
Welcome to the internet,,, "Experts" made daily
===
"Life is tough.,, Life is even tougher if you're stupid."
----John Wayne----

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 16, 8:07 AM
Senior Tech Team
Chris

Scott ,that's an awesome build!
Is that an intercooler under the blower?

73 nova,3515#(all steel)Pump gas!(91octane)406ci N/A, best 1/4,1.45 '60,[email protected],10.6 @ 122.38, short shifting,NO tuning!

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 16, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Scott Foxwell

Thanks guys. This is definitely going to be the tail wagging the dog in the boat it's going in. Should be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHT/73 View Post
Scott ,that's an awesome build!
Is that an intercooler under the blower?
Yes, this is pretty much a "marine only" deal since to be any kind of efficient, the intercooler needs constant cold water but it can be worth as much as 100hp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ Nova View Post
Scott that's nice. MAN WHAT AN INTERCOOLER!!! That suckers big! I was looking at supercooler for something like this.

Keep us posted please. I would me inclind to move in this direction for a Pre STREET style car. I was considering this when I did my Fulton 706 for my streetcar. Just couldn't beat the price and turning on 4 stages has it beneits too.

Congrads, John
Thanks John. There are smaller (thinner) intercoolers that use much more efficient alloys for the heat exchanger but they're really pricy. This one uses an aluminum heat exchanger and is about $1600.00. Not really practical for a street car since they need continually circulated cold water. I don't really like the added height but it really doesn't matter in a boat. This engine without the intercooler would probably be about 1050 hp.

FOXWELL MOTORSPORTS
Straub Technologies

Last edited by steelcomp; Nov 5th, 16 at 11:21 AM.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 16, 11:05 AM
Gold Founding Member

Garage

Scott do you have any idea what one of those 4" spacers (non-intercooler) would do to the power band on a street car? I'm in the planning stages of a 671 blown SBC for a gasser project. I want the height on the blower but concerned about killing the driveability. Thanks for any feedback.

I donít like being manipulated!
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 16, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Scott Foxwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan F View Post
Scott do you have any idea what one of those 4" spacers (non-intercooler) would do to the power band on a street car? I'm in the planning stages of a 671 blown SBC for a gasser project. I want the height on the blower but concerned about killing the driveability. Thanks for any feedback.
I don't see how the spacer should effect drivability.
Alan F likes this.

FOXWELL MOTORSPORTS
Straub Technologies

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 16, 12:10 PM
Gold Founding Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ Nova View Post
Wondering why you would put the hight there WITHOUT the intercooler, but worried about drivablility? If your putting the hight for it, look around at places like:

frozenboost.com

They make some inexpensive stuff that would do both and keep your driveablility up as well. I think you could do a complete blower cooling system for about a grand. More power and better drivability.
Thanks for the info. I'll look in to it. However it's just a street car that's being built to look like a giant toy to entertain kids at car shows. Doubtful it will ever see the track under my ownership.

Sorry to all for interrupting Scotts bad A build which I admire too!

I donít like being manipulated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 1249 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.