BBC Production Block/Heads Dyno Test
A while back I built a 4.310 X 4.250 496 for a customers street driver/race in his 70 Camaro. 10.15 compression, I was looking for 10.4 but didn't want to cut the 781 heads any more than to surface and set the CCs. A Edelbrock Perfprmer RPM was used with a 850 Holley and a 1 inch open spacer. My cam was a .650 lift solid roller, 255 @ .050, 110 LS. I used a 445 4 bolt block, with the customer ordered Molnar crank and "power adder rods" bob weight was 2128. We did quite a bit of work to the crank. I used a Moroso oil pan with modifications. Other parts included: Mahle pistons, M77 oil pump, Scorpion rockers, .083 wall moly pushrods, Ferrea valves, Comp cams springs, Comp retainers, Comp inside locators, Comp roto coil eliminators, blue viton valve seals, Rollmaster timing chain, FelPro 1037 tight head gaskets, Mr gasket 5827 intake gaskets, Morel lifters. I tested it on 91 octane pump gas and 10/30 conventional Maxima oil. I wish I would have had some Q16 and LAT oil, probably worth 25 HP more.
Machined GM production heads
Oil pan modifications
Red Line Camshaft