Performance Our High Performance area

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 20, 8:23 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage
Summit Pertronix dist

I just opened the "new dist" box and found a note inside saying what the problem with this dist. is, unreal and Im really not happy with Summit for sending me a second hand dist when I paid for new👿 pics when I get to my laptop, this is a first for me Ive always been happy with summit and this came 3rd party mail

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 20, 9:25 PM
Senior Tech Team

Re: Summit Pertronix dist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelrick View Post
I just opened the "new dist" box and found a note inside saying what the problem with this dist. is, unreal and Im really not happy with Summit for sending me a second hand dist when I paid for new👿 pics when I get to my laptop, this is a first for me Ive always been happy with summit and this came 3rd party mail
This stuff happens. I used to work at an auto parts store/warehouse, every part that came back was supposed to be opened and inspected. I would often help my friend who ran the returns department, he had an employee doing full time and he couldnít always keep up with the volume. Itís understandable, especially at a company like Summit that whoever did it would take short cuts, itís more than monotonous and likely doesnít pay well. If the box looked like new they might have just pushed it through so they didnít have to deal with it.

Steve R
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 20, 9:28 PM
Senior Tech Team

I’m bettin’ Summit will take care of this faster than you can say “Dart SHP”. !

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 20, 9:56 PM
Tech Team
Tyler

We also get parts from our DIFFERENT suppliers that also have returned parts, cores and even the wrong part in the correct box. I’d bet it happens nearly once a week. It is certainly irritating but I can see how it would easily happen.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 20, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage
It just really pizzes me of spending $272 for a dist and getting this with notes inside the cap in the box and a wear pattern on the gear 👿👿👿

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 20, 10:19 PM
Senior Tech Team
Chris

Call in and talk to someone.I just got a pair of valvecovers that had to go back.
shovelrick likes this.

GenVI 454,Autogear M-22W,Moser 12 w/3.42s

'67 Malibu,468 w/TH400

Project-

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 20, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage
Im sure summit will make it right but more shipping time, they shouldnt have tried to pull a fast one in the first place IMHO
72LS3Z27 likes this.

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 20, 10:33 PM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Im sure summit will make it right but more shipping time, they shouldnt have tried to pull a fast one in the first place IMHO
I canít see them doing this intentionally.

Steve R
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 20, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage
Well Steve Id hope not, I've been a very good customer since I like the website better than the other guys JMO though and Im sure they'll make it right just more time waiting

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 20, 9:01 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage

I'm glad the guy wrote a note and put it in the cap, would've really sucked otherwise
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200331_195153_Film3.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	621390   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200331_195257_Film3.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	621392   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200331_195138_Film3.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	621394   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200331_195403_Film3.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	621396  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200331_195411_Film3.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	621398   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200331_195327_Film3.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	621400  

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 20, 4:53 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage
Guess I over reacted guy at Summit said theyll ship a new one out today and pls use the return label to send the other one back, Ive been a little tense lately
Steve R likes this.

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 20, 5:38 PM
Senior Tech Team

Summit and Jegs will bend over backwards to satisfy ! If you had been in a bind, I’m very sure either shop would have overnighted to you !

My Pertronics is in !
shovelrick likes this.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 20, 5:59 PM
Senior Tech Team
Chris

Quote:
Guess I over reacted guy at Summit said theyll ship a new one out today and pls use the return label to send the other one back, Ive been a little tense lately
Its normal,if you want something,paid for it,have to wait for it in the mail and it shows up bad.
Broken in shipment is one thing,someone looking at it,throwing it in a box bad is another.
Their customer service is pretty good,its why I shop there.
shovelrick likes this.

GenVI 454,Autogear M-22W,Moser 12 w/3.42s

'67 Malibu,468 w/TH400

Project-

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 20, 6:04 PM
Senior Tech Team
Chris

I've had several poor quality products come from Summit. Moroso oil pan, AGR steering box X3 just to name a couple. I call in and Summit takes care of me every single time. Yeah it's annoying that I am delayed, but I am more pissed off at the manufacturers lack of QC. And unfortunately I think sometimes, if not often, these warehouses take returned items and put them back on the shelf if they are deemed "good enough". I swear to you, most of these rejects come to Canada.

In my experience, Summit has been A+ for customer service, even when these snags happen.
shovelrick likes this.

1971 Chevelle SS454, T56 Magnum 6 speed, 3.31 Posi

Youtube Channel.

Instagram:

Twitter:
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 20, 6:45 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage

I'm really happy the guy that sent it back put a note inside the cap, I'd really been mad if it was on the dyno @ $500 for the afternoon and found out it was bad, it's all good now, tense times now and that didn't help, all good soon
-SS454- likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in