Performance Our High Performance area

33Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #46 of 63 (permalink) Unread Nov 27th, 19, 10:38 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage
Re: Speedmaster Heads ?

Jim aka Bird Dog454, I got my CNC optioned 294 RR's from Wolfplace 2 days ago, I looked at the link you had on the speedmasters and had to chuckle, add $300 and call Mike Lewis
Malibu ss 64 and kermitsass like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 63 (permalink) Unread Nov 27th, 19, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle 1969 View Post
So you recomend them speedmaster If they cant affford promaxx? Msd that you say is no good and is made in china If they cant afford daytona sensors? Afaik some of the Msd is still made in Us not all but some and the reason the have moves alot is to compet with speedmaster and similar chinese brands. Or Do you just recomend the brand you promote?
Funny some stuff from china is good just because you sell or has bought a set
I have a LOT of chinese stuff but when it comes to BB cylinder heads I try to stay with a Us casting I have seen How good the speedmaster casting is and not impressed of the stud bosses, Chambers etc.
We sell what we trust and stand behind. I've had the Speedmaster castings in the shop. Had several heads in the shop. Don't sell it even though I can buy it cheaper.

Last time I looked a Daytona Sensors system that includes the coil is cheaper than an MSD box. USA made for less.

I like Apple, don't like Samsung. Don't sell either.

Chris Straub
Mfg Performance Parts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Why is it we never have time or money to do it the right way in the beginning but we always have time and money to do it over again?
post #48 of 63 (permalink) Unread Dec 3rd, 19, 5:32 AM
Senior Tech Team
OLIVER

Guys ... Mark J uploaded this video on a youtube channel so here it is

Oliver
Milano , ITALY

1969 396 SS monaco orange (72)
468 Vortecpro 585 HP back to street cruiser
M20 4 speed - 3.31
Prosystems 1000
BEST ET 11.62 (with 4.10)
BEST MPH 121
BEST 60 FT 1.64
4000 lbs street car

1969 El Camino Street Strip
467 Vortecpro Tunnel ram 730+ hp TH400
BEST ET 10.67 @ 127 1.56 60FT

post #49 of 63 (permalink) Unread Dec 3rd, 19, 11:46 AM

Doing it once is cheaper than doing it two times.

Chris Straub
Mfg Performance Parts

Why is it we never have time or money to do it the right way in the beginning but we always have time and money to do it over again?
post #50 of 63 (permalink) Unread Dec 3rd, 19, 11:56 AM
Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver69 View Post

Procomp / Speedmaster Oval Port Cylinder Head On 467" Big Block Chevy Dyno Test - YouTube
Decent nrs!

If you see this Mark a couple of questions how much more does your 781/049 heads make? If you compare with brodix race rites or edelbrock rpms would they be close to your 781/049 with some of your work to them?

So you feel the oval pro comps are better than the rec 320 cc version? Seems like the ovals made almost as much power as the recs with much more cam.

https://www.chevelles.com/forums/13-...467-build.html
post #51 of 63 (permalink) Unread Dec 3rd, 19, 12:48 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

I appreciate the rock solid oil pressure.

'66 SS Chevelle
565 BBC Mamofied 300cc Ovals
4.11 12 bolt
Best e.t. to date [email protected] @115.31
1.301 60' 3355 pbr 1.306 3055S
post #52 of 63 (permalink) Unread Dec 3rd, 19, 3:15 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jim

Quote:

Procomp / Speedmaster Oval Port Cylinder Head On 467" Big Block Chevy Dyno Test - YouTube
Thanks Much for posting that video link! It explains a lot (less $ up front, more on the backend in re-work and also the design seems to be off abit)
shovelrick likes this.

68 Chevelle [email protected] on Dunlop GT Qualifiers, through mufflers.
68 Chevelle Convertible-454, 12" manual disc brake conversion, B-Body Knuckles, rotors modified to hubs for the Vette rotors, HD Suburban 3-5/32" piston calipers, 75 vette master, DOT5, (stops like my 9C1 4-wheel disc Caprice)
post #53 of 63 (permalink) Unread Dec 3rd, 19, 3:45 PM
Senior Tech Team
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokerboats View Post
Some customers simply cannot afford domestic stuff, hence the purchase of offshore stuff. I'll use the cheap pos plastic dash in my '11 Silverado as an example of who get's what where. Same applies to the side mirror's. I spotted a piece of paper inside my driver side mirror, I pulled out the paper and sure as heck, it said "made in China".
34% of my truck was hecho in Mehico, 64% made in USA and they didn't state where the remainder was made. This was on the Maroney sticker.
Even though a modern fuel level sender is made in the U.S., the pump inside is imported. Other parts are hiden in assemblies.
Stokerboats and shovelrick like this.

post #54 of 63 (permalink) Unread Dec 7th, 19, 2:04 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted Knuckles View Post
Take a look at the ProMaxx, they're a very nice head. $100 off at Jegs, that'll put 'em under $1200/pair delivered, bare.
I bought a set of bare brodix bb2s for 1100 at summit so why give the knock offs money?
Malibu ss 64 likes this.
post #55 of 63 (permalink) Unread Dec 7th, 19, 4:59 PM
Tech Team

That is still some money when you still have to fill them. My guy just got a set of Flotek heads for just a smidge less. They are ready to bolt on just have to install springs as he had the spring for his cam. That is valve job and US valves not the Chinese stuff.

RH
post #56 of 63 (permalink) Unread Dec 7th, 19, 9:10 PM
Tech Team
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyHill View Post
That is still some money when you still have to fill them. My guy just got a set of Flotek heads for just a smidge less. They are ready to bolt on just have to install springs as he had the spring for his cam. That is valve job and US valves not the Chinese stuff.

RH
who did you get the flotek heads from? I'm a little confused with your post, were they bought as complete assemblies or bare?
post #57 of 63 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 6:41 AM
Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by VORTECPRO View Post
A customer brought me a 454 with these ProComp oval ports to build, finishing it up right now. Maybe I should do a thread on the dyno test.
How Do they compare to brodix race rites or edelbrock rovals out of the box or with your work to them? How Do the race rite and rovals compare to your 781/049 All with your work.

Quote:
Edelbrocks logo is cast right in the AFR 265s
So Can youconfirm what I heard?

Quote:
ALL castings need to race prepped, and that includes Brodix one of the worst offenders. Im no Chinese guy but......I've seen those race prepped Pro Max heads in my shop from Straub, for what they sold for and the power potential its quite a value.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle 1969 View Post
Decent nrs!

If you see this Mark a couple of questions how much more does your 781/049 heads make? If you compare with brodix race rites or edelbrock rpms would they be close to your 781/049 with some of your work to them?

So you feel the oval pro comps are better than the rec 320 cc version? Seems like the ovals made almost as much power as the recs with much more cam.

https://www.chevelles.com/forums/13-...467-build.html

Hope Marks comes back to this thread and answer some of my questions.
post #58 of 63 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 11:13 AM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66360horse View Post
I bought a set of bare brodix bb2s for 1100 at summit so why give the knock offs money?

According to the Brodix website, flow at .700 is 320. ProMaxx is 389. The BB-2 is relatively old technology. I understand your loyalty to U.S. products but I'm not giving up that much airflow just to buy American.

I've looked at a lot of knock-offs but haven't seen any quite like these. According to tests, they aluminum is plenty hard and I have measured to determine that they're very thick. Valve job/location is on par with bare Brodix or Dart out of the box. They weigh right up there with the good American made stuff, nothing like ProComp that are 6-10 lbs lighter. Flow numbers are very close to what's advertized on the website.

Everybody has their own money and budget, I buy the best I can within my budget.

Gary Adrian
Organized people are just too lazy to look for their stuff...
post #59 of 63 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 11:24 AM
Senior Tech Team
Chris

Were they measured on the same size bore?
I know my old AFR's #'s were flo'd/tested with a I think it was a 4.1 something bore and a 1-3/4" pipe so when they were on my 355 they would flo less then when I put them on my 406 correct?
Just curious no dog in the fight.

73 nova,3515#(all steel)Pump gas!(91octane)406ci N/A, best 1/4,1.45 '60,[email protected],10.6 @ 122.38, short shifting,NO tuning!

post #60 of 63 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 4:07 PM
Tech Team

Mr66. I was told these semi assembled heads from speier racing heads. Heads have there valve job with there valves with some chamber work and since he has his own springs retainers and locks those are that is needed to bolt on. Speier racing heads did all the work to bare heads.

RH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in