Air bleeds - Chevelle Tech
Performance Our High Performance area

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 19, 9:46 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jack

Air bleeds

I have notice on my carb around the air bleeds there is fuel stains.. I removed one of the hsab and a little bit of fuel came out...What would cause this ??

Matthew 22: 37-39
R.I.P. Mike Romeo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 19, 10:18 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

Re: Air bleeds

Have you noticed any flooding? If your float sticks fuel comes out of all kinds of places. It could also be percolating when the engine is hot. Pretty common. As long as it's not a sticking float or debris in the needle and seat it's probably nothing to worry about. I'm guessing this is a Holley design?

70 Camino...Roller

69 Malibu Stock 307, Reverse Manual TH350, 4,500 Stall Edge Converter, 4.56 Spool 35 Spline 12 Bolt

76 C20 VortecPro 496 628HP 655 lb/ft TH400 Edge Converter, 4.10 14 bolt
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 19, 10:25 PM
Senior Tech Team
Scott Foxwell

Could be pull-over fuel form the pump squirter nozzle.

FOXWELL MOTORSPORTS
Straub Technologies

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 19, 10:32 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

On most Holley designs the squirter outlet is lower and inboard of the bleeds and pullover occurs with airflow going away from the bleeds. Not saying it isn't possible but I haven't seen pullover cause fuel on the bleeds. It would be good to check that the needle is in fact under the squirter just for GP.

70 Camino...Roller

69 Malibu Stock 307, Reverse Manual TH350, 4,500 Stall Edge Converter, 4.56 Spool 35 Spline 12 Bolt

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 19, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy the Cat View Post
Have you noticed any flooding? If your float sticks fuel comes out of all kinds of places. It could also be percolating when the engine is hot. Pretty common. As long as it's not a sticking float or debris in the needle and seat it's probably nothing to worry about. I'm guessing this is a Holley design?
No flooding.. I turn off the electric fuel pump a few seconds before I shut the engine off. Just to drain down the fuel bowls. Yes holley design..

R.I.P. Mike Romeo

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 19, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcomp View Post
Could be pull-over fuel form the pump squirter nozzle.
What can be done to prevent it...

R.I.P. Mike Romeo

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 19, 12:02 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

I didn't realize you were talking about a Dominator. Those squirters are actually above the bleeds so in theory it could happen. Like I said earlier, make sure the weight is under the nozzles and make sure the gaskets are in good shape. It would be unusual to pull fuel out of there. Could it be running down from the vents? What sort of air cleaner do you run?

70 Camino...Roller

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 19, 7:21 AM
Tech Team

I have the same carb and the same issue. Ive noticed fuel seep from the bottom of the squirters when pushing the acc pump lever. Ive replaced the squirter gasket, doubled up the gasket, tried new squirters, new squirter bolt, replaced acc pump umbrella, checked needle weight, even lightly filed squirter mounting surface to insure it is flat.
S
Still seeps fuel.

I gave up and just let it seep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in