Chinese sbc heads (pics) - Chevelle Tech
Performance Our High Performance area

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 19, 4:57 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team

Chinese sbc heads (pics)

Someone asked about these, was curious myself so picked up a bare set & hacked on them a little.

These are basically a Dart Platinum knockoff probably the same thing as Skip Whites NKB, lots of no name/white box stuff on ebay. Bet theres more than 1 place making them, too.

2.02 1.6 valve
64cc
Straight plug
Erson stainless valves. HR springs, 7.16 studs nothing fancy
Dual intake bolt pattern which is a plus
1206 intake size

Flowed on 4.125 bore 28" SF-600 No pipe on exh

Stock Int Exh
.100 88.4 79.9
.200 160.2 125.3
.300 206.7 158.3
.400 250 186
.500 270.6 203.3
.600 263.8 214.2
.700 266.5 219
.800 269.7 221.1
.900 270.6 222.3

Currently

.100 99.4 94.3
.200 164.7 141.4
,300 222.9 173.8
.400 270.8 201
.500 293.1 216.3
.600 296.2 227.3
.700 299,3 234.1
.800 302.8 239.5
.900 306.3 240.7

Feedback from the builders/pros on here what were your experiences, opinions?
Off these go to CL so someone can offer peanuts due to a little epoxy in 1 pinch area. Found a literal void that shouldnt of been there, comes with the $ Territory lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	intch1.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	603670   Click image for larger version

Name:	exh.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	603672  

Quote:
This post is a duplicate of a post that you have posted in the last five minutes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 19, 5:08 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team

Re: Chinese sbc heads (pics)

Noticed some of you pros go after bigger exh #s others dont.
Reasons?

Was frustrating trying to get any type of consistent finish on these nothing was straight or round even the chamber. Suprised i didnt poke more holes. Most I use carbide on as I have copd and dont want to breath that roll dust. DIdnt want to roll our as easily as more expensive castings do (duh)

Opinion on selecting cam lobe either way?

jmark cant seem to get email for ST tried a bunch. did I get the boot somehow?

Quote:
This post is a duplicate of a post that you have posted in the last five minutes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by cuisinartvette; Sep 17th, 19 at 5:36 PM.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 19, 5:13 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

He likes txting....Do you need the number?

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE THE POWER..... AND IF YOU USE THAT POWER BAD THINGS ARE GOING TO HAPPEN!!

Mike Lewis street 572

Cale Aronson
Black Magic clutches

Cam by UDHarold
Menscer Motorsports

TRZ

CEAutoelectric

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 19, 5:22 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team

Sure.....long as he isnt sending nekkid selfies. J/K!

Quote:

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 19, 6:57 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

PM sent

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE THE POWER..... AND IF YOU USE THAT POWER BAD THINGS ARE GOING TO HAPPEN!!

Mike Lewis street 572

Cale Aronson
Black Magic clutches

Cam by UDHarold
Menscer Motorsports

TRZ

CEAutoelectric

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 19, 9:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuisinartvette View Post
Noticed some of you pros go after bigger exh #s others dont.
Reasons?

Was frustrating trying to get any type of consistent finish on these nothing was straight or round even the chamber. Suprised i didnt poke more holes. Most I use carbide on as I have copd and dont want to breath that roll dust. DIdnt want to roll our as easily as more expensive castings do (duh)

Opinion on selecting cam lobe either way?

jmark cant seem to get email for ST tried a bunch. did I get the boot somehow?
Your wasting you time on the exhaust unless running a power adder. The exhaust is under pressure, it will get out. If lazy just give it more time...duration. A legit ProStock engine will have I/E ratio in the high 50% range.

Chris Straub
Mfg Performance Parts

Why is it we never have time or money to do it the right way in the beginning but we always have time and money to do it over again?
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 19, 11:06 PM
Tech Team

Garage

Quote:
Bet theres more than 1 place making them,
i would not be so sure about that. not a huge demand, so no reason for the efficient chinese to tool up more than one joint to pump these out. different boxes, wrapping, part numbers, names.....certainly.

'69 Malibu
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 19, 7:25 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team

No reason to doubt that.
Chris really didnt expect the exh to do what it is ;didnt take much

If a valve/spring wasnt having to be held open as far/shorter wouldnt that be of some benefit? Guess its splitting hairs

Quote:

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 19, 9:05 AM

Quote:
No reason to doubt that.
Chris really didnt expect the exh to do what it is ;didnt take much

If a valve/spring wasnt having to be held open as far/shorter wouldnt that be of some benefit? Guess its splitting hairs
Think about it..at what lift does the greatest velocity occur on the exhaust?

Chris Straub
Mfg Performance Parts

Why is it we never have time or money to do it the right way in the beginning but we always have time and money to do it over again?
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 19, 9:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not2Fast View Post
i would not be so sure about that. not a huge demand, so no reason for the efficient chinese to tool up more than one joint to pump these out. different boxes, wrapping, part numbers, names.....certainly.
A friend in Australia went to the Chinese "Autorama" show. Best he could tell there is about 6 to 8 base mfg companies making US performance heads. There is about another dozen buying from those guys and rebranding them.

Chris Straub
Mfg Performance Parts

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 19, 9:44 AM
Brian

I bought a set of the angle plug ones from Skip for a possible future use. Stuff like these,,example EQ 50cc heads,,sometimes dry up and no longer available..I'd love to see more pictures of your handy work as the numbers are pretty good considering!
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 19, 10:41 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Brian

Garage

If those heads are drilled and tapped for both standard and Vortec style intakes, you will have sealing problems with a standard intake. The intake ports are too tall for a standard intake, so you will have to search to find a gasket that will work. I went through this with my crate engine and the crappy Pro Comp heads that came on it.

1971 Malibu, factory buckets/full gauges/console, 377 roller cammed small block, Turbo 400, 3.42 10 bolt posi (Buick), - All your base are belong to us.

My Chevelle w/ open headers:

My Chevelle w/ 2.5 pipes + X crossover/18 inch glass packs:

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 19, 10:55 AM
Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstraub View Post
Your wasting you time on the exhaust unless running a power adder. The exhaust is under pressure, it will get out. If lazy just give it more time...duration. A legit ProStock engine will have I/E ratio in the high 50% range.
Chris, I've suspected that for a while. I used to think intake and exhaust flow were equally important. One thing that made me question that was when I got a set of B1 heads for a big block mopar-the intake valve is 2.30" and the exhaust is 1.78". Those heads are known to make power, and the available real estate is certainly biased more toward the intake than I was expecting. Guess the Chinese figured that out too, or whoever they copied did.
hydro462 likes this.

'71 chevelle, 468, TH400, 12 bolt posi w/3.08's, drinks a lot of 87 octane.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 19, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team

A 1206 will seal them just fine. Some confuse these for vortec heads or dont read instructions then getupset theirs doesnt fit. If someone fudged with their bolt holes on a 1205 maybe but why?
The work they need kinda jumps right out at you.

Out of the box as purchased
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ch198stock.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	603726   Click image for larger version

Name:	ch1982.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	603728   Click image for larger version

Name:	chbef.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	603730  

Quote:

Last edited by cuisinartvette; Sep 18th, 19 at 11:52 AM.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 19, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team

1 exh, and a big oops, made a 3/4" "bushing", shaped the area til it was a round "press in" then used some JB turned out fine. Should have been more metal there. What appeared as 1 pinhole after pressing on it resulted in this in 1 shot. As luck would have it that was the last one..someting didnt seem right when measuring, found out.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	chexh.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	603732   Click image for larger version

Name:	h1.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	603734   Click image for larger version

Name:	h2.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	603736  
68Chevele likes this.

Quote:

Last edited by cuisinartvette; Sep 18th, 19 at 12:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in