Dyno Results LS 441CID with Straub Hyd Roller camshaft.... - Chevelle Tech
Performance Our High Performance area

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 19, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Dyno Results LS 441CID with Straub Hyd Roller camshaft....

441CID LS Engine with TFS 260 Heads. Straub hyd roller camshaft 248/258 .050" Run on VP109, Carbed Intake with AED1050.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LS441TFS260.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	591098  

Chris Straub
Mfg Performance Parts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Why is it we never have time or money to do it the right way in the beginning but we always have time and money to do it over again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 19, 1:04 PM
Senior Tech Team
Chris

Re: Dyno Results LS 441CID with Straub Hyd Roller camshaft....

Dang that is making some power. Got a sheet for 3000-5000 rpm?

1971 Chevelle SS454, T56 Magnum 6 speed, 3.31 Posi

Youtube Channel.

Instagram:

Twitter:
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 19, 1:23 PM Thread Starter

From 4000 rpm....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	LS441TFS2602.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	591100  

Chris Straub
Mfg Performance Parts

Why is it we never have time or money to do it the right way in the beginning but we always have time and money to do it over again?

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 19, 2:12 PM
Tech Team

I would like to know more. I have been considering a Nedhead BN series topend setup that makes this power on an OEM shortblock. Little smaller but seems to make about the same power as this. Maybe the heads are holding this back.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 19, 7:07 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Steve

Garage

This with a procharger?

64 Chevelle 496
64 F100 Street Rod with BBC /Chevy trapped in a ford body
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 19, 10:23 PM
Tech Team
Steve

Garage

Nice! Similar to my son's 461 on 93 octane pump gas. Also with a squishy roller. I've been telling him he needs to go with a solid and it would make 800HP.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Steven461.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	591186  

'69 Camaro - 429 SBC Dart Iron Eagle 9.325" block, Crower crank, Crower 6" Billet rods, Ross pistons (10:1), Total Seal S/S rings, AFR 245 heads, T&D steel rockers, Cloyes Timing Set, 4-7 swap solid roller 274/286 @ .050", .704" lift, Dart single plane, Dominator EFI, Stef's #1705R pan, F2 Procharger on E85
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 19, 9:37 AM
Tech Team

I really thought my guy was giving me a line. He said they can take a stock z06 vette with the 427 do cam and head work and these corvettes will make over 750 horsepowet and still be street driveable. I did talk to the one guy and he has his 2006 z06 making over 640 horsepower at the rear wheels. First dyno session he said it went 617 and they changed a few things since. Also said the stock plastic intake works very very good too. This is why i was asking how or if these compare.

RH
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 19, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenS View Post
This with a procharger?
It's NA build.

Chris Straub
Mfg Performance Parts

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 19, 12:03 PM
Tech Team

Out of curiosity, how much does an LSx vs Big block cost to build for similar power levels?
Say a N/A goal of 650 to 700hp?

That engine would be fun! I am more curious how much it would cost to build versus a similar big block(for those of us that cant afford a 15,000 dollar build )
StevenS likes this.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 19, 2:07 PM
Tech Team

Usually i think i see that big block are cheaper. The vette stuff is already more powerful then any big block out of the factory. So 750 to 800 is not much more over factory.
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 19, 2:59 PM
Senior Tech Team

That's 496/505 solid roller with race gas compression territory. Any way you slice it, 750hp N/A on 441 cubes is impressive. Drop that in a 3000lbs vehicle and you're deep into the 9's. I have a little S-10 stepside that I'm thinking of building a 441 for, full interior with mini tubs. That would run circles around most anything on the street.

Nice job again, Chris.

Gary Adrian
Organized people are just too lazy to look for their stuff...
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 19, 3:00 PM
Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyHill View Post
Usually i think i see that big block are cheaper. The vette stuff is already more powerful then any big block out of the factory. So 750 to 800 is not much more over factory.
That is true. I'm curious from a ground up naturally aspirated build. The new vettes are all supercharged
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 19, 3:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomatrd View Post
Out of curiosity, how much does an LSx vs Big block cost to build for similar power levels?
Say a N/A goal of 650 to 700hp?

That engine would be fun! I am more curious how much it would cost to build versus a similar big block(for those of us that cant afford a 15,000 dollar build )
We did a GM LSX block 427 with a set of of our VEPR12X Heads that flow over 390cfm. It makes 596RWHP. This build from pan to intake fully tuned was $24K and it still needs a set of custom 2.125" headers.

Chris Straub
Mfg Performance Parts

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 19, 3:56 PM
Tech Team

Hope that works. This is the shop I deal with snd John helps or represents them too. They have been well over 600 horsepower for 6 years now. Just a few simple bolt ons. So if you have a z06 corvette heads and cam are pretty cheap. The car above had custom cam and stage 4 heads. Those heads are there own castings that flow well over 400 cfm and are about 5500 canadian dollars. They also use the stock intake. Most guys have less then 40000 in everything including buying the car. And that is canadian dollars or about 29500 us dollars. These cars run fine as a normal but rowdy car. Run 142 to 144 in the quarter mile and can cruise home with great milage. There is a video of this black z06 running 630 wheel horsepower and driving hone at over 30 miles per gallon. But to start from scratch these guys still like the big blocks for power for the buck over the ls stuff.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 19, 6:09 PM
Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstraub View Post
We did a GM LSX block 427 with a set of of our VEPR12X Heads that flow over 390cfm. It makes 596RWHP. This build from pan to intake fully tuned was $24K and it still needs a set of custom 2.125" headers.
DANG that is a lot of power and money!
You do get what you pay for. It seems like the old big block is still the way to go for the cheapest power per dollar.
If I had 10 grand, I wonder if I could reach 800hp out of a big block chevy. It would be tough to get there though. That last 5 grand might get it there.
Right now I have about 6500 in my big block and it makes around 600 fly wheel, 520 at the wheels now. I'm sure a cam change could get me a few ponies too.
It'll go up getting rid of the th400, but in reality it doesn't matter. On the street it'll still over power the tires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in