Another Chevelle owner hits the 4 Digit Mark NA.... - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech
Performance Our High Performance area

33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 57 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 19, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Re: Another Chevelle owner hits the 4 Digit Mark NA....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bracketchev1221 View Post
I had a Super Victor that I bought in 2007. I also had 2.35/1.88 heads with a modified 1150 and an .814/.798 cam at 282/290. So mine peaked at 7200 at 980hp and 5700 at 792tq. I think mine was pretty good for what it was.
Ray that thing has hauled for a long time. I thought Scott had put a bigger valve in your Darts.

Chris Straub
Mfg Performance Parts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Why is it we never have time or money to do it the right way in the beginning but we always have time and money to do it over again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 57 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 19, 12:47 PM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstraub View Post
Ray that thing has hauled for a long time. I thought Scott had put a bigger valve in your Darts.
He did. They were 2.30's as built on my first version of the 540. He put 2.35's in them for the 540, and then I direct swapped them to the 565 when I built that. It ran good right up until I sold it!!!!!

Ray

Best pass 8.87 at 150.98 1.212 60'. Sold 3/2018

1970 SS 396 project in progress. Bought 5/2018
post #18 of 57 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 19, 8:29 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstraub View Post
Morel .842" Black Mamba Lifters
Why not .904 lifters?
Great results, BTW

90 454SS
92 454SS

post #19 of 57 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 19, 9:25 PM
Senior Tech Team

Stout

Website is up and running

Machine shop tour

Monthly Specials

post #20 of 57 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 19, 9:05 AM
Senior Tech Team
Scott Foxwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by va454ss View Post
Why not .904 lifters?
Great results, BTW
Thanks! Customer was on a bit of a budget when we started the build. 55mm cam and .903 lifters would have been a nice upgrade but we're keeping things limited to about 8Krpm so this valve train should be fine. It has shaft rockers, good springs and big pushrods.

FOXWELL MOTORSPORTS
Straub Technologies

post #21 of 57 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 19, 11:45 AM
Gold Member
Gene

Very nice!

Gene
ACES 3112/Team Chevelle Gold #62
Be big, be a 'builder'!
post #22 of 57 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 19, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by va454ss View Post
Why not .904 lifters?
Great results, BTW
At the time of the build we weren't going to touch the bottom end as it only had 5 passes on if from a recent build. Well after we got it apart it needed a "lot of things".

Chris Straub
Mfg Performance Parts

Why is it we never have time or money to do it the right way in the beginning but we always have time and money to do it over again?
post #23 of 57 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 19, 2:27 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

The project is impressive, torque holds on nicely, too bad the vacuum pump didn't want to play along. and it's over 7000 RPM

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE THE POWER..... AND IF YOU USE THAT POWER BAD THINGS ARE GOING TO HAPPEN!!

Mike Lewis street 572

Cale Aronson
Black Magic clutches

Cam by UDHarold
Menscer Motorsports

TRZ

CEAutoelectric

post #24 of 57 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 19, 3:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukai View Post
The project is impressive, torque holds on nicely, too bad the vacuum pump didn't want to play along. and it's over 7000 RPM
Mike,
I'm hoping for the customer he can put 3700#'s with NA power in the 8.90's. I will be VERY happy for Donnie if the combination of Car/Driver/Engine can achieve this.
aukai and Nothingbut69 like this.

Chris Straub
Mfg Performance Parts

post #25 of 57 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 19, 3:32 PM
Senior Tech Team
Rick

That oil pressure

1967 Chevelle Malibu 4 door

The 7.99 at 173mph pass:

8.02 at 171mph:

post #26 of 57 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 19, 3:46 PM
Senior Tech Team
Scott Foxwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculated Risk View Post
That oil pressure
Yeah, I'd like to see it closer to 50# but what ya gonna do?

FOXWELL MOTORSPORTS
Straub Technologies

post #27 of 57 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 19, 4:26 PM
Tech Team

Question, what are the valves made of, Stainless, Titanium, and brand?

Thanks for sharing,

92Camaro
post #28 of 57 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 19, 4:35 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

I'm not sure where I'm at power wise now with some adjustments. It's a lot of pressure to represent, I'm sure he's feeling it too, I'll be following along, wishing Donnie all the best getting it going. Going on 4 months body shop prison for me.

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE THE POWER..... AND IF YOU USE THAT POWER BAD THINGS ARE GOING TO HAPPEN!!

Mike Lewis street 572

Cale Aronson
Black Magic clutches

Cam by UDHarold
Menscer Motorsports

TRZ

CEAutoelectric

post #29 of 57 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 19, 6:09 PM
Senior Tech Team
Scott Foxwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Camaro View Post
Question, what are the valves made of, Stainless, Titanium, and brand?

Thanks for sharing,

92Camaro
Both Ti, 2.375" intake and 1.85" exhaust. From Rev, but we are now on board with Victory.
Wolfplace likes this.

FOXWELL MOTORSPORTS
Straub Technologies

post #30 of 57 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 19, 7:12 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Jon

Very nice build.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in