• 1 Post By 540Hotrod

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 19, 4:13 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Michael

Garage
Edelbrock X-C96 cross ram

Hi Chevellers,

I bought an Edelbrock X-C96 for my 582 BBC. I'm thinking about putting two TB EFI units on top of it. My 68 is still in progress so I can't check the hood clearence but I know that it will not fit.

Is it possible to modify the stock SS hood to get the intake under the SS humps? Is anybody running this setup?

Thanks,

Michael

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 19, 4:32 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Re: Edelbrock X-C96 cross ram

What is the combination, and what are your plans for the 582?

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE THE POWER..... AND IF YOU USE THAT POWER BAD THINGS ARE GOING TO HAPPEN!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike Lewis street 572

Cale Aronson
Black Magic clutches

Cam by UDHarold
Menscer Motorsports

TRZ

CEAutoelectric

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 24th, 19, 6:27 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Jesse

Garage
Please do, I love the look of those old cross rams. Would be interesting to see results with that many cubic inches under it.

Jesse

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 24th, 19, 7:51 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

My 572 choked out at 6600 IIRC with 2 x 1000 cfm TBs on a regular 4150 tunnel ram. It made decent power, and torque, but it wanted more air.....

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE THE POWER..... AND IF YOU USE THAT POWER BAD THINGS ARE GOING TO HAPPEN!!

Mike Lewis street 572

Cale Aronson
Black Magic clutches

Cam by UDHarold
Menscer Motorsports

TRZ

CEAutoelectric

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 24th, 19, 9:30 AM
Senior Tech Team

aukai, whose throttle bodies did you use? I have a '55 Chevy truck project that I can easily fit a tunnel ram under the hood of, I want to be able to run the injection and a 4L80E trans with them. I recall seeing at least one of the new TBI companies that makes a pair for a TR.

Is there any combination that you haven't tried??

Gary Adrian
Organized people are just too lazy to look for their stuff...
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 24th, 19, 11:18 AM
Tech Team

Always enjoyed the looks of a cross ram - very cool. Post images please!

1969 Nova SS 350
EFI 407 / TKO600 / 4.11
11.41 at 121 MPH
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Mar 24th, 19, 4:47 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Gary,Holley HP/Dominator EFI the 1000 cfm's were on a Wiend TR, and the 2000 cfm's were on a Victor Ram for the dyno. The final product is a sheet metal TR. I was extremely fortunate for Mike to agree to test, the support from Holley, and Harold for cams. Paint prison is killing me. lol
71350SS likes this.

Mike Lewis street 572

Cale Aronson
Black Magic clutches

Cam by UDHarold
Menscer Motorsports

TRZ

CEAutoelectric

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 19, 4:34 PM
Tech Team
Mike

I run an edelbrock crossram on a LS6 454. Merlin heads crane roller cam 10:1 pistons with two 500 cfm edelbrock carbs. It has a little idle issue when cold but idles fine after its hot. Great throttle response, very fast and everytime I raise the hood it draws a crowd. Its pretty cool. I did use a 4" fiberglass cowl hood to clear the carbs and air filters. You can see pics if you search the Username ObseSSed . I hope this works

https://redirect.viglink.com/?format...b%3E%20Gallery
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 19, 3:41 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mark

Garage

If you're close, you can raise your body up slightly (about 1/2 inch) and only have to modify the fan shroud.
71350SS likes this.

'69 Chevelle SS ("NOT" ON THE ROAD NOW!
)
Engine parts: (Heads, cam & lifters from Lewis Racing Engines)
ZZ502 Short block
AFR 305 CNC 106cc Chambers 8002 springs
Bullet HR ADV Dur 295/297 238/242 @ .050 .680/.650-110 LSA-108 ICL Morel lifters
Holley Avenger MPFI
612HP/594TQ
T-56 Magnum trans with hydraulic McLeod RST
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 19, 5:03 PM
Senior Tech Team

System will have clearance problems with hood. If throttle bodies are used, yu MUST add spacer plates under them to plumb hot water through them from heater system, or the thing will never get hot enough to work right. Set stock hood aside, use different hood to add a shaker or cowl induction system through the hood.

Think about alternatives.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:00 PM
Senior Tech Team
JIM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukai View Post
My 572 choked out at 6600 IIRC with 2 x 1000 cfm TBs on a regular 4150 tunnel ram. It made decent power, and torque, but it wanted more air.....
I've still got the tunnel ram!! Though small for a 572...It was a TQ monster. A 'glide and some tight gears would have been killer!! JIM
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2IMG_1422.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	600624   Click image for larger version

Name:	2IMG_1427.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	600626  
aukai likes this.

'67 Vette-555"/Gforce 5 Spd/Dana 60 IRS-3.07's

Best ET
Best MPH

200 MPH at TX Mile

"...when it's not pointing at a wall...grab a gear!"

*This Life Stuff ain't no dress rehearsal"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in