Team Chevelle banner

Edelbrock X-C96 cross ram

7K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  540Hotrod 
#1 ·
Hi Chevellers,

I bought an Edelbrock X-C96 for my 582 BBC. I'm thinking about putting two TB EFI units on top of it. My 68 is still in progress so I can't check the hood clearence but I know that it will not fit.

Is it possible to modify the stock SS hood to get the intake under the SS humps? Is anybody running this setup?

Thanks,

Michael

#2 ·
What is the combination, and what are your plans for the 582?

#4 ·
My 572 choked out at 6600 IIRC with 2 x 1000 cfm TBs on a regular 4150 tunnel ram. It made decent power, and torque, but it wanted more air.....

#11 ·
I've still got the tunnel ram!! Though small for a 572...It was a TQ monster. A 'glide and some tight gears would have been killer!! JIM

Attachments

#5 ·
aukai, whose throttle bodies did you use? I have a '55 Chevy truck project that I can easily fit a tunnel ram under the hood of, I want to be able to run the injection and a 4L80E trans with them. I recall seeing at least one of the new TBI companies that makes a pair for a TR.

Is there any combination that you haven't tried??:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

#7 ·
Gary,Holley HP/Dominator EFI the 1000 cfm's were on a Wiend TR, and the 2000 cfm's were on a Victor Ram for the dyno. The final product is a sheet metal TR. I was extremely fortunate for Mike to agree to test, the support from Holley, and Harold for cams. Paint prison is killing me. lol

#8 ·
I run an edelbrock crossram on a LS6 454. Merlin heads crane roller cam 10:1 pistons with two 500 cfm edelbrock carbs. It has a little idle issue when cold but idles fine after its hot. Great throttle response, very fast and everytime I raise the hood it draws a crowd. Its pretty cool. I did use a 4" fiberglass cowl hood to clear the carbs and air filters. You can see pics if you search the Username ObseSSed . I hope this works

https://redirect.viglink.com/?forma...evelle * Showroom * - <b>obseSSed</b> Gallery

#9 ·
If you're close, you can raise your body up slightly (about 1/2 inch) and only have to modify the fan shroud.

Reactions: 71350SS
#10 ·
System will have clearance problems with hood. If throttle bodies are used, yu MUST add spacer plates under them to plumb hot water through them from heater system, or the thing will never get hot enough to work right. Set stock hood aside, use different hood to add a shaker or cowl induction system through the hood.

Think about alternatives.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.