Team Chevelle banner

67 Nova

22K views 201 replies 38 participants last post by  aukai 
#1 ·
:secret: trying to decide on subtle SBC 406 valve covers for Crower Shaft rockers. What would be your choice for Grandma's 67?

See less See more
#2 ·
The fabricated VC’s are played out for most applications.

The generic cast aluminum VC’s are alright, but a bit bland. Maybe if you had them powder coated charcoal or graphite.

The pent roof Chevrolet are the best of the three, maybe powder coating them a contrasting color to the cars main pallet like make them look even better.

Steve R

#4 ·
Smallblock versions of the cast aluminum 572's are available, I looked forever to find a short set, plenty of tall sets were available back then. I'm a bit biased, but that's what I would use. I don't like a lot of polished stuff, too hard to keep and easy to scratch.

#5 ·
This one?

#7 ·
Thank you.

#11 ·
Waiting for shipping dates, had to buy a trailer too, since it's pedal power right now.

#12 ·
So sorry to hear that Mike. I wish I had some kind of " loan-a-motor" that could have helped you out. This kinda stuff is just waaaay too much fun.

#13 ·
Thank you for the thoughts

#14 ·
These have had good approval ratings as well, they can come with holes, and grommets.

#16 ·
Thanks Bill, I have looked at those, but where to put the breathers? Looked at the Z/28/Corvette covers too, not sure the PCV grommet holes can take breathers instead.

#17 ·
The aluminum corvette/Z28 covers are short. Some have drillers in them to deflect the oil. I have a few sets. Aluminum roller rockers will not fit under them. If you are planning that. The steel stamped comp cams roller tips will though. You can cut the hole on the passanger side a little bigger to accept a push in breather. Hope this helps. You can get a spacer to go under them, but the look funny to me, plus then you are running 2 cover gaskets on each side. Just more potential for a leak. The links are to my 302 . I have roller tips on it.

Attachments

#18 ·
Billet specialties as a couple of tall black covers. Script, and streamline on Amazon, you can click on the choices. Something so simple.....

click on the red something went wrong, the link worked.

#52 ·
Billet specialties as a couple of tall black covers. Script, and streamline on Amazon, you can click on the choices. Something so simple.....

click on the red something went wrong, the link worked.

Sorry! Something went wrong!
Those give a clean unassuming appearance. I like them and the finned type best

#20 ·
I really appreciate everyone's input on this. The Proform GM covers I was told that they are on the thin side, and the grommet's do not fit tight, and leak. The real GM covers are just plain, and need detailing. I'm still deciding, but looking closer at the Billet specialties, and the script ones. I haven't seen them in any other color than black. Still looking for input.

#21 ·
I am working on a 67 Nova I bought in October and I have run into a problem with the tall valve covers hitting the alternator and not allowing me enough adjustment with the short water pump setup. I am going to have to abandon the short water pump or come up with shorter covers. Just letting you know if that is the route you are thinking about. Mine has a 406 and a muncie I just swapped in.

#22 ·
Oh boy, thanks for the heads up.

#24 ·
Nice looking car, the color reminds me of Aztec Bronze....

#26 ·
#28 ·
I would do those Tom, but would they need a spacer for the Crower shaft rocker 74141F, and did you use breathers on your set?