T&T Results - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech
Performance Our High Performance area

17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 18, 6:57 PM
Floyd

Re: T&T Results

Very nice pass, truck looks like it launches pretty hard. Did you recently make some changes to your engine as well as your tranny & gear changes? Give us an update on your current combination. Also, see where you have 2 1/4" headers on your truck and was curious who fabricated them for you?
I talked to Chris Straub about a week ago about a custom cam and he highly recommended that I step up to 2 1/4" headers on the 572" in my 1992 SS. He seems to think with his custom cam and the bigger headers I could pick up close to 100 HP ? I am currently running the GM crate 572" Hyd Roller cam and the 2" Hooker SuperComp headers. This might be my next set of mods to the truck. I have my rear Viking DA shocks coming in next week and will relocate them to a vertical position. I went last Friday night to Houston Raceway Park and made four real consistent passes 10.87, 10.89, 10.90, and 10.91 all with 1.51-1.53 60 ft and around 124.5 mph in 90 deg heat here in southeast Texas.

Thanks
Floyd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 18, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by floman View Post
Very nice pass, truck looks like it launches pretty hard. Did you recently make some changes to your engine as well as your tranny & gear changes? Give us an update on your current combination. Also, see where you have 2 1/4" headers on your truck and was curious who fabricated them for you?
I talked to Chris Straub about a week ago about a custom cam and he highly recommended that I step up to 2 1/4" headers on the 572" in my 1992 SS. He seems to think with his custom cam and the bigger headers I could pick up close to 100 HP ? I am currently running the GM crate 572" Hyd Roller cam and the 2" Hooker SuperComp headers. This might be my next set of mods to the truck. I have my rear Viking DA shocks coming in next week and will relocate them to a vertical position. I went last Friday night to Houston Raceway Park and made four real consistent passes 10.87, 10.89, 10.90, and 10.91 all with 1.51-1.53 60 ft and around 124.5 mph in 90 deg heat here in southeast Texas.

Thanks
Floyd
No change in the combo since I ran 10.93 last fall other than the gears and tranny. The ring gear was lightened and the gears and all bearings were MicroBlued.

I'm using 2" headers.
Straub's cams work

I have a set of 2.25" headers in the attic, but you can't have em
I'm not sure who fabbed em as I got em years ago when I bought a bunch of parts and a roller.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

90 454SS
92 454SS
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 18, 4:39 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Bill

Quote:
Give us an update on your current combination.
Thanks
Floyd
496, AFR 290's, 11.0 CR, Straub solid roller, Isky Redzones, Straub rockers, Vic Jr, ProSystems HP1000, 2" primary headers with 3.5" collector.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

90 454SS
92 454SS

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 18, 11:38 PM
Floyd

What is your tranny & converter setup and also what rear gearing and tire size? Looks like you knocked off a solid 3/10s on your ET with the changes. Where do you think most of your gains came from ?

I think you should let me borrow those 2 1/4" headers for a while and I could do a comparison write-up on 2" vs 2 1/4" tubes!
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 18, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Bill

Quote:
What is your tranny & converter setup and also what rear gearing and tire size? Looks like you knocked off a solid 3/10s on your ET with the changes. Where do you think most of your gains came from ?

I think you should let me borrow those 2 1/4" headers for a while and I could do a comparison write-up on 2" vs 2 1/4" tubes!

TH 400 ATI trans with reverse pattern manual valve body. Trans has the SFI case; R&R of the trans shield with a stock case trans was miserable. ATI TreeMaster 8" converter, 4.56 gears, 315/60 M/T drag radials. Probably a combo of the 2, mostly the gears I would think.

Yeah, OK
Not

90 454SS
92 454SS
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 18, 1:09 PM
Tom

I thought the "Thrush" sticker we put in the back window was the reason for the gains ..... ??

Guess I will re think that particular mod to mine

TOM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 644 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.