Sniper EFI Popping? - Chevelle Tech
Performance Our High Performance area

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 18, 3:31 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dustin

Sniper EFI Popping?

Alright I just finished up my install of my Sniper EFI system and did the initial setup and initial drive and first of all I love this thing I am so glad I ditched the Eddy Carb and went to this!

However I have a question.... During initial throttle input (like leaving the line or going to accelerate) I get a popping out of the exhaust but it goes away after a few seconds and also during cruise I get like a burping (popping but not as bad) is this timing related, ignition related, or Sniper related? If it's possibly Sniper related I have no problem running it for a while and seeing if it solves it I just don't want to hurt the motor (I can't remember what the AFR was when I am hearing this stuff) I don't know if my carb did this or not as that thing never ran right but I don't seem to remember anything like this. Timing is an MSD distributor with a vac advance setup and the quick advance springs and weight.

Also my PWM is running like 2.6 but it is always yellow I called Holley and they said that seemed like a decent value and you can adjust the threshold but I wanted to see what other people with the system thought.

One more thing I have 2 CTS 1 for the Holley (on top of the intake) and 1 for my Dakota Digital Gauges (on drivers side of the block) these 2 read a decent different temp but I'm not sure which one to believe. Is 1 location better than the other or should I just shoot the upper rad hose with an IR thermometer?

These might all be simple stupid questions and I apologize if they are but I'm trying to learn.

On a side note when you install a sniper system be sure the O2 sensor wires are well secured such that they don't touch the exhaust (you can ask me how I know this)......

1955 Ford Thunderbird
1969 Triumph TR6
1972 Chevelle - 396, 4 Speed
1992 Acura Integra
2002 Yamaha R1
2004 Dodge Ram 1500
2012 Dodge Durango Citadel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 18, 9:42 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Jeff

Re: Sniper EFI Popping?

some of the temp sensors do not work correctly that come in the kit. You can get a replacement local. as for the poping not sure what that is I know my sniper does not do that.

78 Malibu, 402, eddy rpm performer heads, 174 B&M blower, th350 2600 stall, holley sniper EFI, 9" 3:70, Hoosier 26X8.50-15 slicks.
69 VW baja 1600cc, about to be a 2.2l or 2.5l witch ever I come by cheaper
96 chevy 1500, tow vehicle.
03 yz85 fun bike.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 18, 2:11 AM
Senior Tech Team
Justin

Garage
Could be a number of things. Maybe timing too retarded. Or valves not adjusted properly

1974 chevelle with 73 laguna nose sbc 357 Brodix IK180 heads Comp Cams XE274H Edelbrock RPM airgap 650 AED double pumper, M20 muncie, Truetrac with 3.73s

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 18, 2:30 AM
Senior Tech Team
Chris

could be a fuel issue. These self learn kits have the ability to data log, log the data as it can be very helpful in these situations.

1971 Chevelle SS454, T56 Magnum 6 speed, 3.31 Posi

Youtube Channel.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Instagram:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter:
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 18, 7:06 AM
Team Member

Would love to see a pic of your setup.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 18, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AldoNova67 View Post
Would love to see a pic of your setup.
Not terribly much to see

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1955 Ford Thunderbird
1969 Triumph TR6
1972 Chevelle - 396, 4 Speed
1992 Acura Integra
2002 Yamaha R1
2004 Dodge Ram 1500
2012 Dodge Durango Citadel
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 18, 11:07 PM
Team Member

Thanks...Iíve been intrigued by the possiblities of fuel injection.... Maybe just getting bored of carbs...lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 578 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.