Cowl hood mods
Iíve been toying with the idea of making my cowl hood functional for quite some time and I finally got around to getting most of the project done today. I ended up using an aluminum hot water heater water tray, with the center cut out and then riveted to my air cleaner base and a roll of Moroso flame retardant foam as the seal, glued down with 3M black weatherstripping adhesive.
Being that my air cleaner is positioned really high into my cowl, with the hood fully closed, I had to do a lot of trial and error fitting and trimming to arrive at the correct height of the air pan sides and foam height. I ended up with about a 1/4Ē lip or sides on the air pan and about 1.5Ē of foam required to seal-off the bottom of the hood. I still have to do a little final filing to smooth out the air pan lip but other than that, it doesnít look too bad.. Not sure if Iíll see any real performance difference but my primary goal or intent was to limit a possible pathway for hot engine-bay-air to escape up and out the cowl area when driving at low speeds, any performance increase would be a nice bonus.
64 El Camino Pro street, 496, T-400, 9" 3.73
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.