Performance Our High Performance area

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 17, 2:30 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Kris

Garage
Re: Valve covers and girdles

They also sell extenders that fit under the valve covers, I have a pair installed on my setup with a girdle...

13-1 compression 482 BBC (.125 bored over block filled)4 bolt main with good forged solid internals, square port heads, big solid roller camshaft ([email protected] intake/[email protected] ex .761 lift intake .707 exhaust 109 LSA),Weiand team G with 4150 flange, Holley model # 0-9380 850 cfm, 2 inch primary Hooker super comp headers with 12 inch collector extensions, TH-400 fully manual VB, Freakshow 4000 stall converter,4:10 gears
best time so far in the 1/8 May 18 2019 [email protected]
hear it running
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 17, 7:17 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Steve

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteMan454 View Post
They also sell extenders that fit under the valve covers, I have a pair installed on my setup with a girdle...
Thank you will look into them as well.
MonteMan454 likes this.

64 Chevelle 496
64 F100 Street Rod with BBC /Chevy trapped in a ford body
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 17, 9:34 PM
Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOSFAST View Post
Hi Steve, the photo below here shows a recent similar problem a friend had with the solid roller vs girdles. He wanted to use those covers in the photo in the worst way. You can see the hole for the breathers also!

We accommodated him with about an add'l 1/2 hour of machining, no problems.

Thanks, Gary in N.Y.

P.S. There was no power brakes to worry over but I do believe the covers would have cleared?? Not really 100% positive though.
I did exactly that back in 2006 using the same Crane girdle and GMPP covers. It worked well, but have since switched to T&D shaft rockers in steel under factory height chrome covers and 1/4"-5/16" gaskets. The factory oil drippers had to be removed, which doesn't matter as the T&Ds don't use them for oiling anyway.

Post pictures.. -or it never happened!

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 17, 11:44 PM
Tech Team
Dan

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenS View Post
I been driving around with this solid roller and no girdles long enough. I would feel better with a little more support. That said what valve covers do you guys use?

I have normal plain summit chrome tall valve covers. The girdles hit the baffles. I like to find a nice looking cover and breather setup that clears the girdles. Winter is coming and this would be a good time to do some updates on the car. So many valve covers out there I like to narrow it down.
I used the Lunati Stud Girdle and was able to get my Valve Covers on with out having to modify either.

Unfortunately do not have a Part Number, they came from original Engine Builder who has gone belly up, did originally have their logo Laser Engraved but since been removed and they are baffled.

They are Cast Aluminium, shape is similar to Chevrolet Performance & other below.
https://www.summitracing.com/int/par...make/chevrolet
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160730_130538.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	479538   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160804_165106.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	479546  

1972 Chevelle - All Steel - 3920lbs
549ci BBC, FiTech Meanstreet 680+ TQ & HP
Hughes TH400 & Moser 9" 3.7s
10.70 @ 124.5mph 1.47 60ft
Front: Calvert 90/10s & Moog 5390
Rear: AFCO D/As & Moog 6321
Spohn Control Arms & ARB

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old Sep 29th, 17, 12:11 AM
Tech Team
Matthew

I have the milodan TALL chrome valve covers on my 468 and they are pretty basic but they look mean, pretty sure they're as tall as you can find. They clear with ease
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2691_1506658258080.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	2.27 MB
ID:	479554  

1971 chevelle 402/th400
1 of 91 402/th400 cars made in Canada
Documented by gm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 912 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.