Nu-Relics power window kit - Chevelle Tech
Body Shop Paint & Body Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 17, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Nick

Nu-Relics power window kit

I value the opinion of you guys on this forum and I need some feedback before I plunk down a grand on this kit.
http://www.nu-relics.com/chevelle-s/225.htm

Anyone use these or have a recommendation for some other product that comes with the OEM like/standard switches?

Could not have gotten this far with my project without your input.

Thanks again,
Nick

Here's a link to my 2014 Camaro SS donor to 70 Malibu restomod project:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 17, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Nick

Re: Nu-Relics power window kit

Looks like I'm on my own???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 17, 11:22 AM
Tech Team

Garage

Sorry, my windows are all crank, wish I could help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 17, 9:29 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Terrence

1000????!!!

69 Chevelle Convert
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 17, 10:15 PM
Tech Team
Steve

Garage

Nick, I found the motors and regulators from a 70 Buick that I'm planning on using in my car. I rebuilt the motors and cleaned/degreased and painted the regulators. They are still in a box, and I haven't installed them yet, but I'd probably try to find an OEM set over an aftermarket set.

97/04 Toyota Tacoma Hybrid 4 door pickup Rockcrawler

If you don't know where you're going. Any road will take you there. - Cheshire cat (Alice in Wonderland)
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 17, 10:45 PM
Senior Tech Team
AKA Zombietroll

Looks like a decent kit for the costs it better use over the counter motors so if one goes bad your not stuck shelling out a bunch of money to fix it just my thoughts. Back in the day power conversions in the after market were a motor in a box that bolted in place of the crank handle those things looked terrible.

You tube video laying down final paint

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 17, 2:10 AM
Team Member
Mike

I installed the Nu-Relics kit on all 4 windows. Used their reproduction switches. Easy install, except adjusting the glass, which is a difficult task not related to the Nu-Relics parts. I give their product and customer service an excellent rating. Make sure you feed a solid 12V+ to the red power lead, otherwise you get slow roll up.

Mike

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 17, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
1000????!!!
Crazy price, agreed, but that is the only kit that appears to come with everything and which seems to have good reviews. The problem is that there are few companies that sell that brand - read that as zero competition.

The only company that sells that exact model is here in CA, So on top of sales tax and their $80 shipping charge, it's a savings of more than $110 if I buy it from the Mfg on the east coast. Go figure...

Another rub in all this is that I hope to use all the features of my 14 Camaro SS donor on my restomod project (link below), including the late model car features that cause the windows to drop down 1/2" when you open the door. Not sure that particular feature can be made to work, but I'm going to try.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 17, 3:57 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Terrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcguy View Post
Crazy price, agreed, but that is the only kit that appears to come with everything and which seems to have good reviews. The problem is that there are few companies that sell that brand - read that as zero competition.

The only company that sells that exact model is here in CA, So on top of sales tax and their $80 shipping charge, it's a savings of more than $110 if I buy it from the Mfg on the east coast. Go figure...

Another rub in all this is that I hope to use all the features of my 14 Camaro SS donor on my restomod project (link below), including the late model car features that cause the windows to drop down 1/2" when you open the door. Not sure that particular feature can be made to work, but I'm going to try.
I've never messed with power windows but wouldn't you be ahead of the game if you modded your Camaro ones? then the wiring will be the same.

69 Chevelle Convert
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 17, 4:04 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
I've never messed with power windows but wouldn't you be ahead of the game if you modded your Camaro ones? then the wiring will be the same.
Agreed, and I tried, but there are just too many differences. Thought about mounting just the motor onto the manual regulators - again too many differences.

Hope to use the switches from the Camaro, but that presents another issue - the Camaro has no back windows that open, so you're stuck with some other switches in the back and no ability to open the back from the front.

Of course, that led me to the kit we're discussing because it has all the switches.

Almost finished mounting and interfacing the Camaro mirrors and the door locks are done.

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 17, 4:36 PM
Team Member
Les

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMalibu View Post
I give their product and customer service an excellent rating. Make sure you feed a solid 12V+ to the red power lead, otherwise you get slow roll up.
I have their power window kit in my 83 El Camino and I am happy with it but, X2 on Mike's comment. I need to run a bigger 12V wire to the passenger side window because it's slow on both up and down.

I have Nu-Relic power window kit and One Piece Products (wind wing elimination) window kit for my 65. I haven't installed them yet but I'm happy with both the quality of the kits and both Nu-Relic and OPP customer service.

Les

65 El Camino (LS2 Project)
83 El Camino (DD)
04 Corvette Convertible
14 Cruze
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 17, 1:49 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

I like my nu relics, although... switches can suck, had to clean them several times for the contacts.

I do like them and it's a known quality setup otherwise

I'm the Haught guy.......
2004 GMC Pickemup-
1972 Chevelle...
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Ultimate
2001 BMW K1200 LT (Sally Ride)

Whatever doesn't kill me, Better RUN!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 846 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.