1964-65 Non SS Middle Side Body Mouldings? - Chevelle Tech
Body Shop Paint & Body Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 11, 7:56 PM Thread Starter
Fred

1964-65 Non SS Middle Side Body Mouldings?

Hello. I am new here, but am hoping for some help. I have a 1964 Chevelle Malibu 2 door coupe hard top. "Non SS model" I am trying to find a complete set of the aluminum or stainless steel trim molding that goes down the middle of the fender, door, and quarter panel. I have looked for hours online with no luck. I believe they were used on some 1964-65 Custom or 300 models. I have also read that some of them were dealer installed on these cars. Does anyone have a good used set or know where I can find a complete new set? Thank you in advance for your help.

Fred
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 11, 11:51 PM
Gold Founding Member

Re: 1964-65 Non SS Middle Side Body Mouldings?

Hi Fred,
Welcome to Team Chevelle.
Let me see what I have.

Tory
ACES Member #1890
Team Chevelle Gold #288

1955 Chevrolet Bel Air Unrestored 15,000 Mile Survivor
1955 Chevrolet Nomad
1964 Malibu SS Unrestored 36,000 Mile Survivor
1964 Malibu SS
1966 Chevelle SS 396 Unrestored 76,000 Mile Survivor
1968 Camaro
1968 Malibu L-79, 1 of 4082 ~ SOLD
1984 Hurst Olds w/ Factory Sunroof, 1 of 99 ~ SOLD
1985 442 White / Grey w/ Factory Sunroof ~ SOLD
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 1st, 11, 1:25 AM
Senior Tech Team
Rod

Garage

Fred,

For a while another 64 owner and I were under the impression that there was one resto shop that was carrying them, but when checked they were not carrying them.

Rod

PS post some pictures of your ride.

9 years and FINALLY she's drivable, just in time for my first born son.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rod Hill
IT/AG instructor
Ag. Mechanics, Ag. Power Mechanics, Ag. Wood
Los Banos High
Los Banos California

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 1st, 11, 2:40 PM
Tech Team
Dave

Heres a set for 65, not mine....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Chevrol...sories&vxp=mtr

Dave Cunningham
1965 Chevelle SS
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 2nd, 11, 9:52 PM
Tech Team
Larry

Welcome FRED!
I have a complete set from a 64 300 post. Not in perfect condition but very presentable. E-mail me if interested. I am about 3000 miles away you know.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 11, 2:57 PM Thread Starter
Fred

Do you know if they will fit my 2 door hard top? Do you have any photos you can post or send to me?

Thanks

Fred
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 11, 3:52 PM
Super Mod
Rich

Garage

I don't believe Malibu and 300 side trim is the same.

NCOA member #220
ACES member #1670
Team Chevelle #998

Rich Cummings
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old Aug 29th, 14, 9:44 AM
Pat

I'm curious about how you made out finding your moldings. I'm looking for the same for my '64 Malibu.

Did you find a set? Maybe you have extras?
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old Aug 29th, 14, 12:51 PM
Senior Tech Team
Ed

I shop for the 64 middle side mouldings almost daily on ebay and Craiglist, with little luck. I have not found an alternative (like a different model GM but same moulding) and not repoped either. Couple months ago there was a pair, front door and rear door NOS, for a wagon, for 125 on eBay. Of course that does not help the coupe or convert crowd but they are really hard to find. I really should have purchased them when I had the chance, even if I could not use the whole set.
I find myself lucky as my wagon only needs both front door mouldings, I have the rest -not pictured. At this point what I have to do is find any fender or door moulding from a two/four door 64 to work. If too long I will just cut it down to correct length. If you could see my wagon has same moulding, as a two door, for fenders but the rest are different sizes than a two door. Good luck in your searches. If anyone has any please post them in the classifieds.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0156 small 4.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	196570  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 14, 7:18 PM
Tech Team
Jerry

No one repops them, as of now. Just keep scouring CL, eBay, and for sale section on this forum. I ended up machining custom aluminum trim for mine to cover up the holes. Search for "custom side moldings" and it should pop up. (I can't remember the link). Good luck. About two years ago, I found a really beat up set for $650, and I passed.

Jerry

"Jet Noise..... The sound of Freedom"
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 14, 9:36 AM
Pat

I got a call from a local parts yard claiming he has 6 - 64 Chevelles "out back" in his yard that is now forested in. He can't recall if they are two or four doors but he does know one is an El Camino so I will need to bring a measuring tape.

I am to meet up with this guy this weekend but he will not give me the location. He wants to meet me off site first and if I pass his questions he will bring me to the location. Interesting but I can understand his caution. A buddy who has been storing cars in Maine but lives in Connecticut has been loosing parts continuously because no one pays attention to the NO TRESPASSING signs. Gee, I wonder why! He has not only lost parts removed from intact cars but entire cars have disappeared and it's not because they rotted to the ground.

Send me a list of what you need and I will see just what this guy has.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 20, 12:52 PM
B&C

Hi every one i am new to the site I have a restoration shop (B&C Auto Restoration and Paint ) We have a 64 chevelle in the shop 2 dr conv to restore and we are trying to find body side molding but not much luck ,We have most of it but missing LF Fender ,,Is there any one that repairs (take out dings and dents and polish ) them Please let me know and thanks for the info and time
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 20, 3:54 PM
Super Mod
Rich

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&C View Post
Hi every one i am new to the site I have a restoration shop (B&C Auto Restoration and Paint ) We have a 64 chevelle in the shop 2 dr conv to restore and we are trying to find body side molding but not much luck ,We have most of it but missing LF Fender ,,Is there any one that repairs (take out dings and dents and polish ) them Please let me know and thanks for the info and time
There are lots of companies that restore trim. One of the best persons to have do this work is:

Dennis Barnett
> 317-919-8434 cell

NCOA member #220
ACES member #1670
Team Chevelle #998

Rich Cummings
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 20, 6:13 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
David

Garage

B&C Restorations - Where are you located? (city, state)

66 Malibu......back to life with a 427 BB & 4 speed
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 20, 7:35 AM
Tech Team
Michael

Is this correct? Came off my parts car, “64” tarnished but not bent or broke 53 1/8” long.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0686DCBB-78D9-40BC-A623-EC58096510D0.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	613730   Click image for larger version

Name:	B78B0360-B8AB-40DD-9ED6-C35554DA0CE8.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	613732  

64 Chevelle

85 Monte Carlo SS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in