1968 cowl hood stripes - Chevelle Tech
Body Shop Paint & Body Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 23rd, 04, 9:44 PM Thread Starter
Sem

Hi i bought the new goodmark 2 inch cowl hood that was kinda styled after the 69 camaro cowl hood anyways my delima is to paint stripes or not to on the hood i primered some stripes similar to 69 camaro i did not really like them they looked wider up toward the front i thought because of the raise in the cowl, has anybody seen any cowl hoods painted with stripes on 68's 0r 69's they like, it does not have to be like the 70's the color of paint is the blue of the 2003 jeff gordon monte carlo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 24th, 04, 8:36 AM
Senior Tech Team
Roger

The deck stripes narrow down towards the front and rear of the car. They are not the same width all the way through.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 24th, 04, 7:04 PM
Senior Tech Team
"The Stig"

Here is how I did mine.

I did the same width front to back. 11 1/8" wide and 7 1/4" apart. *measurements taken to the outer part of the 1/4" pinstripe* They are centered over the bulges, and between the body lines in front. The rears were done to match the front.

Derek Kiefer, member of Minnesota's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 24th, 04, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Sem

nice looking car about the same color as mine is that hood the stock ss hood
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 24th, 04, 11:41 PM
Senior Tech Team
"The Stig"

Yes, the hood is a stock SS piece. Thanks for the compliments!

I see you're from MN check us out at www.northstarchevelles.com

Derek Kiefer, member of Minnesota's

-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 5826 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.