Window Squeaking - Chevelle Tech
Body Shop Paint & Body Forum

2Likes
  • 1 Post By joehobrohe
  • 1 Post By suprdave1

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 20, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

Window Squeaking

Hi everyone! We recently installed new Electric Life power windows as well as new window felts and now whenever we roll the window up or down, we get a horrible squeak. The stabilizers, stops, and bolts were all placed back in their previous position and the glass is not loose. We also used plenty of white lithium grease anywhere plastic moves against metal. All the felt on guides are in good condition and it is the original glass.

Here is a video of the windows moving up and down.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PiqLCUAckTjsCDby6

Any ideas what can be causing this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 20, 8:43 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Nick

Re: Window Squeaking

Just the one window? Doesn't look like there is much grease on the vertical alignment shaft...

Nick

Here's a link to my 2014 Camaro SS donor to 70 Malibu restomod project:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 20, 11:30 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Terry

Need more lube! Terry

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 20, 6:02 PM
Tech Team
John

I know exactly what that is. It’s the small brackets with the felt on the ends rubbing on the glass. More lube will not fix that. Make sure they are squared up on the glass surface. Then adjust them out a touch till the noise goes away.

As a test, pull the top of the glass out slightly while the glass is going up. I’ll bet the noise goes away.

Mine did the exact same thing when I put new brackets with the felt on. Had to swap out new felt with old felt. The new felt was crap.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 20, 8:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJohn View Post
I know exactly what that is. It’s the small brackets with the felt on the ends rubbing on the glass. More lube will not fix that. Make sure they are squared up on the glass surface. Then adjust them out a touch till the noise goes away.

As a test, pull the top of the glass out slightly while the glass is going up. I’ll bet the noise goes away.

Mine did the exact same thing when I put new brackets with the felt on. Had to swap out new felt with old felt. The new felt was crap.
This was exactly the problem! Thank you!!
SSJohn likes this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 20, 9:51 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
David Estes

Garage

My felts were worn out. I removed it and replaced it with the smooth part from a wide piece of Velcro. Problem solved
68-13427 likes this.

Have you ever stopped to think and forgot to start again??
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in