Inner Rear Window Support - Chevelle Tech
Body Shop Paint & Body Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old May 28th, 19, 7:50 PM Thread Starter

Inner Rear Window Support

No idea if this is the right place to post this but I have discovered some obscure damage on my '66 Post. Wondering if there is a company that remanufactures this part or if anyone knows of a '66 being parted out that could supply this part?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	66 chevelle.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	594558  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old May 28th, 19, 8:49 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

Re: Inner Rear Window Support

Does the window work properly? If so, I’d be inclined to just weld in a few small patches to keep things from moving around. I’m thinking your only hope for a complete replacement piece would be from a salvage.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old May 28th, 19, 11:45 PM
Senior Tech Team
Scott

Somebody cut that to get the window out! With a sawzall, it looks like. I don't think those are repo'd, you are going to have to find a parts car.

Scott W.
Electrical Engineer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
700R4
This is how we roll:

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old May 29th, 19, 2:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by any4xx View Post
Does the window work properly? If so, I’d be inclined to just weld in a few small patches to keep things from moving around. I’m thinking your only hope for a complete replacement piece would be from a salvage.

It was a bit rough to roll down and back up. The game plan might be to weld some patches into. I was thinking the salvage route also, see what pops up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red68chevL View Post
Somebody cut that to get the window out! With a sawzall, it looks like. I don't think those are repo'd, you are going to have to find a parts car.

I honestly have no idea what they were thinking but the car took a hit to the rear quarter. This I knew because I magnet would not stick to it, had no idea about that inner support though due to it being hid behind the interior panel. I am guessing that they cut up that portion and bent it up to hammer out the fender from the back side. You can see hammer marks on the back of the fender.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old May 29th, 19, 9:56 AM
Tech Team
John

Garage

Talk to this guy. He quickly replied to my email about a trans tunnel for a 70-72. Price was right.

AzChevs "No Rust, Just Dust"
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old May 29th, 19, 3:18 PM
Tech Team

That is an inner Quarter. Removable by drilling out the spot welds, around the perimeter, but it is a laborious process. Have done it on the '68 - '72 generation A cars.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old May 29th, 19, 8:36 PM

Does any one know if a hardtop is the same as a post in that area? I have a complete 1/4 section that I will be separating out in the future
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old May 30th, 19, 4:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinbluth View Post
Talk to this guy. He quickly replied to my email about a trans tunnel for a 70-72. Price was right.

Awesome! Sent the guy an email! Thanks for the lead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmexguy View Post
That is an inner Quarter. Removable by drilling out the spot welds, around the perimeter, but it is a laborious process. Have done it on the '68 - '72 generation A cars.

This car is going to be a labor intensive process. The individual/s that "repaired" certain areas of the car did a terrible job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotanovass View Post
Does any one know if a hardtop is the same as a post in that area? I have a complete 1/4 section that I will be separating out in the future

Do you have any pictures of it for comparison? Dependng on the price you are looking for, I could potentially purchase it and graft it in.

Last edited by Cobe; May 30th, 19 at 5:12 AM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old May 30th, 19, 2:57 PM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinbluth View Post

Unfortunately, they do not deal with '64-67 A body's.

64 2 door Wagon Build thread

67 2 door Sedan LS1 T56

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old May 30th, 19, 2:59 PM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotanovass View Post

Yes that panel will interchange from Sedans to Hardtops.

64 2 door Wagon Build thread

67 2 door Sedan LS1 T56

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in