• 1 Post By HKalin
  • 1 Post By RichF

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 17, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Rocky

Garage
Door windows misaligned (depth angle)

Morning TC. Rolled up the windows and noticed they were not sealing well (see photo). Both drivers and passenger side are off, with the drivers side the worst. The windows roll up all the way but look bent "outward". Anyone know how to fix this? Do I require any special tools to take off the panels?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1776.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	488194  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 17, 12:23 PM
Senior Tech Team
Hank

Garage
Re: Door windows misaligned (depth angle)

How come your roof looks brown in the picture. It's hard to tell but it almost looks like your rear window is in too far. Can you take better pictures of the front and rear widows up where they meet the weatherstrip. I was looking through the pictures in your garage and noticed that on your rear end the shock is mounted to the wrong hole it should be mounted to the bottom hole in that same bracket.

71 Malibu, Cottonwood Green, 396 BBC, AutoGear M22W 4 speed, 12 bolt 3:55 posi.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 17, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Rocky

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKalin View Post
How come your roof looks brown in the picture. It's hard to tell but it almost looks like your rear window is in too far. Can you take better pictures of the front and rear widows up where they meet the weatherstrip. I was looking through the pictures in your garage and noticed that on your rear end the shock is mounted to the wrong hole it should be mounted to the bottom hole in that same bracket.
Oops yes I'll take some better photos. Roof color is probably from poor lighting and reflection in the garage. Ouch on the rear shock! Whats the top hole for?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 17, 12:49 PM
Senior Tech Team
Hank

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by faded67 View Post
Oops yes I'll take some better photos. Roof color is probably from poor lighting and reflection in the garage. Ouch on the rear shock! Whats the top hole for?
Don't know what the top hole is for just know all the cars I've seen or had the shock mounts to the bottom hole. I also noticed you have no dome light switches on the door frames. You will need to remove any screws holding the arm rests on the panels and any that run along the bottom of the panels. As far as tools to remove the door or rear panels you would need a tool to remove any clips on the window crank handles or door opening handles. There are tools to pry the panel clips out of the door that normally run along the edge of the panel. I don't know if you have bought a Assembly Manual but it comes in really handy when working on your car. By the way I really like your car it looks really nice.
faded67 likes this.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 17, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Rocky

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKalin View Post
Don't know what the top hole is for just know all the cars I've seen or had the shock mounts to the bottom hole. I also noticed you have no dome light switches on the door frames. You will need to remove any screws holding the arm rests on the panels and any that run along the bottom of the panels. As far as tools to remove the door or rear panels you would need a tool to remove any clips on the window crank handles or door opening handles. There are tools to pry the panel clips out of the door that normally run along the edge of the panel. I don't know if you have bought a Assembly Manual but it comes in really handy when working on your car. By the way I really like your car it looks really nice.
Thank you Hank! First off, yes I just received my assembly manual this morning. Yes Sir, there is currently no dome light in the car. Below are some more photos, but not sure if they capture what you were looking for.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1779.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	488226   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1777.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	488234   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1778.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	488242   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1781.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	488250  

Name:	IMG_1780.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	488258  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 17, 1:26 PM
Tech Team
Mike

Garage

The tools on this page will help you out...There are adjustable stand-offs that attach the window channels to the door and the body(for rear quarter windows). They will need to be adjusted to straighten up your alignment. I would start by getting the rear quarter windows aligned first then move to the doors. Not hard to do. There are screws along the bottom of the doors and push-in clips on the front and rear of the door panels.

https://www.summitracing.com/search?...removal%20tool
HKalin likes this.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 17, 1:35 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Rocky

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967convert View Post
The tools on this page will help you out...There are adjustable stand-offs that attach the window channels to the door and the body(for rear quarter windows). They will need to be adjusted to straighten up your alignment. I would start by getting the rear quarter windows aligned first then move to the doors. Not hard to do. There are screws along the bottom of the doors and push-in clips on the front and rear of the door panels.

https://www.summitracing.com/search?...removal%20tool
Is there a way to determine what the correct alignment is supposed to be? Right now when I look at the car, it only appears the front window is off. I can be totally wrong, but would be nice to only have to adjust one lol. Thank you for the link as well Mike.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 17, 2:01 PM
Tech Team
Mike

Garage

The top rubber weather strip has a groove in it where the tops of the windows should seat when rolled up. I looked again and I think you're right, the rear quarter window looks right. Adjust the door window and see if everything looks good.
faded67 likes this.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 17, 2:12 PM
Senior Tech Team
Hank

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by faded67 View Post
Is there a way to determine what the correct alignment is supposed to be? Right now when I look at the car, it only appears the front window is off. I can be totally wrong, but would be nice to only have to adjust one lol. Thank you for the link as well Mike.
I kind of agree with you after seeing the new pictures that it is the door window that is off. I adjusted my door windows on my 71 but I think a 67's adjustments may be totally different. One thing I recommend when you start adjusting them "DO NOt" slam the door shut till you make sure the glass isn't going to come in contact with any metal around the door frame. Yours should be easier to adjust because you have the vent window frame channel guiding the glass in front. Probably on the back track of the front window inside the door there may be a couple studs you will need to adjust. I would start with the top one adjust it a little to bring the top of the glass in try it and go from there. How did you make out with the horn cap rattle.
faded67 likes this.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 17, 3:01 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Rocky

Garage

Thanks Guys. Ok. Looks like some additional research before I take the panels off...just in case.

Hank, as far as the horn cap..it still rattles. I didn't see anything wrong with it at all!? I almost want to wedge something soft around it to keep it from doing it.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 17, 11:07 PM
Tech Team
Rich

For a 1969 you need a Fisher body manual. It tells you how all of the adjustments work. I have never done this on a 1967 but I have done it a couple of times on a 1969. It helped me a great deal.
HKalin likes this.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 17, 8:22 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Don

Not sure about the front door windows,but Scared Shiftless has a great video on YouTube going through the adjustment procedure on the rear quarter windows on a "66".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 950 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.