Team Chevelle banner

After 26 yrs may just be time

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  71350SS 
#1 ·
May have an opportunity to get out of the rent trap. It would take me selling my 'El though...but combined with some upcoming funds may just get me a small place paid for, minimal expenses.

Part of me is torn as the last 20 yrs have been pretty di$astrous and sold em all not by choice .This is the last I have left
Guess stopping the $ bleed due to bad women, health and work issues is the goal here.

Neighbor has fallen in love with this, told him what I want and isnt quibbling....will he follow through find out this weekend.
If not suppose Ill put it online and hold my breath,I know Caminos have never been high ticket items buthope to find that guy maybe overseas thats gotta have it. Will try my luck with a good YT vid.

So may just be that guy that says "Used to have one sold it to get a place". Getting out of this rent trap would be a blessing though..Not even sure what the point here is just a little bummed...and optimistic at the same time

Suppose I could find a nice driver Camino at some point. Love this car every time I fire it up like it was the first time but....

Anyone else been there?

See less See more
#2 ·
Hope it all works out well for you. But having a place of your own, paid for, is a dream to a lot of people. I cant see renting if you can buy. Just like people leasing a car. With each of these , when you walk away, you own nothing, and spent a lot of money. So, a pleasure vehicle, or a home of my own? Ill take the home. Good luck!!

#4 ·
Only you know the real situation you are in, so if these "upcoming funds" are just what you need to get yourself out of rent for good, and thats what you are wanting to do,get out of rent You can always get a car later, with money saved from paying someone elses mortgage.
( The best thing also, if possible, is get out of the high cost of living in Calf.):)

#5 ·
I was in the same boat when I bought this place, but decided to finance some of the house and keep the cars. I'm glad I did. Paid the place off a while ago, and still have the cars...well, some of them, and a few new ones added to the mix. I closed on the house the week I got laid off from Lucent, people thought I was nuts. There were over 10,000 people laid off in the county at the time, so it was sketchy. Things tend to work themselves out though. My advice would be to try to keep it somehow and still get out of renting.

#7 ·
This sounds like a pain free sale without dealing with the time wasting general public. If you're neighbor is serious, take the money & move on. Cars come & go, but you can't put a price on your own peace of mind.

#8 ·
See what happens...getting out of Ca love to but that takes even more $. Healthcare is a huge factor and the lesser cost if all falls into place and should.

Gotta start somewhere I guess?? Having major issues with retirement so Im getting half what I should otherwise this car would stay til the end. Not sure if I wanna fight for 2 more yrs and get kicked in the teeth some more. David vs Goliath. Cant really qualify on this so paying cash is where its at. With all that s going on in this world its the right time.....was shocked to find some places I could live with money wise.

#11 ·
I just paid our house off during my furlough and was able to keep the 56 and the 71 elco.

"Cares act" allowed me to withdrawal penalty free from my retirement acct. Fortunately I didn't owe very much on the homestead but its nice to know if I get laid off or furloughed again not to have to worry about a mortgage payment.

This was the good lords plan. I believe that. if I hadn't been furloughed Id never have known this was possible.

#12 ·
I had to sell my 69 SS because I was losing my apartment & parking spot back in 86 but I didn't get much.Had to do it to help my Mom sell the house.Regretted it ever since but it led to my getting my own place and that eased the pain.

Reactions: kmakar
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.