View Single Post
post #42 of (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 20, 10:34 AM
steelcomp
Senior Tech Team
Scott Foxwell

Re: Rocker geometry...my turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadknee View Post
Yes, I was referring to moving the whole rocker toward the intake and leaving the angle the same. I understand the available rockers would probably all leave a pattern in a slightly different place, but at least it would be closer to center. I wonder if AFR overlooked this or simply wasnít concerned with a pattern 0.030 or 0.040Ē from the edge of the valve.
AFR has moved their rocker studs and valves several times. This is why we're on V2 of their heads. AFR is not going to make their heads based on available rocker arms. That's just silly. There are a lot of factors that go into where a rocker stud goes, especially with canted valves. It's not just arbitrary. One major problem is the pushrod side of the rocker and it's proximity to the valve cover. Not very much wiggle room there at all so you can't just decide to move the rocker away from the valve without causing other problems. The easiest solution is what I did and that's to come up with a rocker that fits the application. When you're trying to do things with a cylinder head that it was never designed to do, you run into these things.

FOXWELL MOTORSPORTS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome