Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - How best to re-finish 66 Trunk
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old Mar 21st, 20, 8:46 PM Thread Starter
Jim_66SS
Lifetime Premium Member

How best to re-finish 66 Trunk

Hi guys. Trying how to best proceed with refinishing my trunk. I am in the process of replacing all the rust in the lower part of the trunk. A previous owner sprayed some junk in the lower part of the trunk pan. The sprayed that with I think something like undercoat. And then sprayed the whole trunk with some junk, maybe a gray spatter product. I believe this was done in 1995.

I partially sanded the upper front of the trunk pan and the junk will come off revealing the original spatter paint. The wheel-houses and the quarters and the tail panel is also sprayed with the gray junk.

Am I stuck with sanding the whole gray junk? Almost impossible to get all the gray stuff off.

Wondering what to use that will stick to the gray stuff and if original type spatter will stick to it or if I will have to use that water soluble GM spatter paint and then a clear
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C9C639F4-8390-4786-8220-EFE75CF68E10.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	620104  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome