View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 20, 11:36 AM
steelcomp
Senior Tech Team
Scott Foxwell

Re: Rocker geometry...my turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkP View Post
Bill (William Hennke) and Rick (Shovelrick) have had their turn...now it's mine.

My 502 has the early AFR 305 Magnum heads. I just went through another rebuild because this time the lifters got gouged in the bores. https://www.chevelles.com/forums/13-...blem-pima.html I spent some time whittling my honey-do list down, and now I have time to put my engine back together. While measuring for pushrods, I noticed that the roller on my rocker isn't centered well enough on the intake. I should probably have back-set rockers of some kind, but what is my best option? I just poured ANOTHER ton of money into this engine, and I want a good solution to try to make it last a little longer than 5,000 miles.

This is a picture of my intake rocker at mid lift. It is pretty far towards the exhaust side, so I think I need to move it back. I don't know if Chris' rockers would move it back far enough or not. I'm sure that he or Scott will chime in.

This is the exhaust side. I think it is close enough to the center. The sweep is always narrow on this valve, so I think it's good.

Rockers are definitely too long. The Straub rockers should take care of your problems here. Also not a big fan of Scorpion rockers these days. We used to sell them but not any more.

FOXWELL MOTORSPORTS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome