MarkP
Lifetime Premium Member
Mark

Garage
Re: Rocker geometry...my turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69-CHVL View Post
Using a solid lifter?
No Vince, .904 diameter 5470 Morel hydraulics, which are about.100 taller than the ones I had in there. Was using Morel hydraulic 4603 lifter before they got gouged up. The checking springs will collapse the lifters, so doing sweeps for length isn't really reliable. That's why measuring pushrods using Scott's 90 degree method does make sense to me.

I rolled the engine over until I was at half lift on the valve. The lifter collapsing doesn't matter at this point because I just wanted to see where the lifter roller tip was on the valve at half lift. The rocker is at 90 degrees at half lift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillK View Post
What rockers are on it now ? Just curious.
Bill, these are Scorpion 1014 1.7 BBC rockers. The original set of silver 1014 rockers had grit in them from the two engine failures that I had, so I sent them back to Scorpion and they replaced them for free.

The Scorpion person that I talked to said that they changed the geometry somewhat from the older silver ones that I did have. My poly lock set screw sits about .200" in the in the hole, so I was concerned. The rockers are sitting on the threads of the stud, so I got the shorter adjustment threaded ARP 235-7205 to replace the 235-7202 that are on it now.

Mike Lewis had a procedure to check the sweep by hand using the piston as a stop for the valve. I have to go look that up before I order push rods. I have to get the roller tip where it needs to be before I order push rods.

'69 Chevelle SS ("NOT" ON THE ROAD NOW!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
Engine parts: (Heads, cam & lifters from Lewis Racing Engines)
ZZ502 Short block
AFR 305 CNC 106cc Chambers 8002 springs
Bullet HR ADV Dur 295/297 238/242 @ .050 .680/.650-110 LSA-108 ICL Morel lifters
Holley Avenger MPFI
612HP/594TQ
T-56 Magnum trans with hydraulic McLeod RST

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome