Team Chevelle banner

Crashed Chevelle

4K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  phat1972 
#1 ·
Hey guys- does anyone remember seeing and reading about the crushed Chevelle? It was featured at SEMA I believe this past year - it was a gray pro touring 1972 that apparently was on the way to the crusher and got saved. The guys plus their sponsors did a fantastic build on and I am trying to get info on it but unfortunately this is about all the social media I do is here. The question maybe someone may have an answer to is: The car is running 18 x 11“ wheels with 315 on the back and running 18 x 10“ wheels with a 275 tire and the wheels are American racing. The guys in all the information I have found states they did chassis/frame modifications to accommodate those size tires and wheels. I’m trying to figure out how they were able to manage those sizes without any modifications. Does anybody have any theories or ideas?

#5 ·
Very true. I should have been more specific.
I’m looking at doing the same set up but didn’t want to mini tub just because the price doesn’t make financial sense considering you only get maybe an inch and half so when I seen this- I was def interested- just couldn’t figure out how it was done.

Attachments

#8 ·
If you don’t want to do mods then you only have what room is available for the tire. Then once you get the tire size that will fit it’s all about the backspace.

I had a 70 and I didn’t think there was room for that much tire but maybe. Throw a tape measure in there and see what you got to work with.

#9 ·
Well I have done that much ; and I realize not all Chevelles are the same , but a 315 on the back and a 275 on the front is freakin huge even for a stock Chevelle. I’m just trying to figure how it’s even possible and if anyone has had any experience with even close to that size with out mods

#11 ·
I have 275/35/18 Front and 315/30/18 Rear

9.5" front with 5.75" backspace
11" rear with 6.25" backspace

Front has a corrected camber curve using Speedtech AFX spindles and aligned with 2° of negative camber.

Rear has trimmed lips and a watts link to keep the axle centered.

#17 ·
I have CCW Classics
Tires currently are BFG Rivals, but considering other options as Bridgestone RE71R and Yokohama A052 are both faster, but neither are available in both of my current sizes. I can either rehoop wheels (they are 3pc) or run stones in front and yokes in the rear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.