Team Chevelle banner

Is this 66 - 67 information book worth the money

4K views 30 replies 20 participants last post by  CDN SS 
#1 ·
http://www.mysterychevelle.com/factbook.html

Just looking on line for Chevelle information and I found a web site called, WWW.MYSTERYCHEVELLE.COM. The site is full of bravado and some what not believable but could be full of good technical information. Has any one purchased this CD called The Essential 1966 - 1967 SS396 Chevelle Facts Book. Just a question.

#2 ·
I have it. Bought it early on in my Chevelle search about 12 years ago. It seemed worthwhile at the time but it's been sitting on the shelf since then.

#3 ·
Someone on TC has a CD library of Facts etc.

I think it is Dale MacIntosh but not sure

Also look under the top Blue Banner tab "Tech" for stuff

#4 · (Edited)
#14 ·
I'm trying to buy this download and it doesn't work. The one Dale recommended.

The paypal link doesn't work.

And I'm also willing to buy Mike Crown's info but who would buy a cd through the mail these days ? Good grief, can't he scan and put out a digital download ?

Thanks for alerting me to this info. I will find a way to buy and download this !

Merry Christmas ! :grin2:

Reactions: davewho1
#5 ·
Just looking on line for Chevelle information and I found a web site called, WWW.MYSTERYCHEVELLE.COM. The site is full of bravado and some what not believable but could be full of good technical information. Has any one purchased this CD called The Essential 1966 - 1967 SS396 Chevelle Facts Book. Just a question.
Yes! Not unbelievable -- it's accurate. As far as I am concerned, Mike Crown is the guru to go to for anyone maintaining / restoring a '66 SS or '67 SS Chevelle.

I have it. Bought it early on in my Chevelle search about 12 years ago. It seemed worthwhile at the time but it's been sitting on the shelf since then.
I bought one of the first 100 available (#3) and have used it many times since, not only to help me restore my '66 SS, but to help others. Keep yours where you can find it when you need it.

Greg

#9 ·
it was one of the first things I bought back in 04 after I bought my SS. Mike was VERY active on this forum at that time. for what ever reason he left or got ran off. not sure why. its a very good reference CD. and if you have a chance to meet Mike its a good time and he is full of stories of real 66-67 SS cars

Reactions: 71350SS and Greg P
#10 ·
Hey Greg, that's Mike Crowns' site and book. If you find find yourself in disagreement with Mike, best thing to do is figure out where you went wrong. It's extremely unlikely that Mike will be wrong about anything much on 66-67 Chevelles. Don't think you'll find an error on his site or in his book.

Yes, Mike's book is worth the money, every cent.

Reactions: 71350SS and LeoP
#11 ·
I have that "book"/CD, and while Mike is indeed VERY knowledgeable on 66 and 67 Chevelles, I am pretty sure the book is not actually his... I think the author is Mr. Haislip (SP?) or something similar. I know Mike sells it, and contributed to it...

It was a good book, but there seemed to be a few inaccuracies and missing data, and yes, the pictures were too small and often to dark to see the details discussed... Even Mike says on the website,"...Nor is it the FINAL WORD on 66 and 67 SS; I am always willing to learn new FACTS! But it does answer or address tons of questions and details never before seen in one book. Most of the restoration guides out there are old and outdated, and cover 64-72 Chevelle. Those guides are generally Fluff at best, with one chapter, if you are lucky, for 66 and 67 SS. "

I recall asking if they were ever planning an update, to which I was told "no"... Still lots of good info.

But Dale also puts out a very nice manual.

#23 ·
Dean, I tried those links, they rake me to a the main paypal home page. Looks like something is goofed.

Can you call Dale? do you have his info? I had uit once, long ago, but daened if I can find it now.

#26 ·
Greg,

I have a beta copy of the Chevelle SS 396 Fact Book, 1966 & 1967 Compendium CD by John Haislip that I will be glad to give to you. This is the CD that Mike Crown makes available. While it is the beta version of the book, I feel that it is fairly close to being the same as the final version.

If you are interested, PM with your address and I'll mail it to you.

Greg P

#31 ·
I have a beta copy of Mike and Johns CD info as well
and Im in canada
pretty sure you can download from mine
BUT. Im in arizona for the winter and its on my main PC at home so be few weeks before im home
I would just get hold of Mike. google Mystery Chevelle you will find his website the beta version is not as well sorted out as the final CD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.