Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - need wheels and tires for rollers with big brakes, what to get
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 19, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Andy69
Senior Tech Team
Fat Stig

need wheels and tires for rollers with big brakes, what to get

I can't use the 14" wheels I've been using to hold the car up once I install the big brakes on my 69. I have a set of 17" wheels a buddy gave me a few years back, but there is too much backspace and the center hole for the hub is too small. If I could get them all the way on, they would rub or not turn at all. I could buy a set of spacers/extenders, but not for $200+.

Are there any decent type wheels that would work? I was thinking of heading to the junkyard and seeing what they had, like maybe a set of compact spares if I could find 4 in 5x4.75. They can be positive offset if they are narrow enough. The ones I have are 9" wide and have a 7" backspace. This car won't hit the road with them on, I just need something to roll the car around on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpete, Dean, Derek69SS, hoffbug, rubadub, Grandsport, Thomas Jefferson, 1badss396, MEJ1990TM, and mrdjc99
As usual, Andy is right
If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyway.

I have to keep reminding myself this isn't a Z16 convertible, Evening Orchid Camaro, or factory 1966 SS427 and get on with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome