Team Chevelle banner

Veterans Day...

510 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  71-SS350 
#1 ·
Today I want to express my gratitude for all of those who have given freely of themselves to serve this great nation. Your service and sacrifice are the reason that I can do this.

Some of you bear scars and pain that I can never fully understand. And while I can not grasp the way you feel or the demons that you battle, I can be grateful. Thank you for your service.

#3 ·
Yeah man! Please to remember that Vets fought for EVERYONE's freedom, every citizen. It dishonors that when folks decide to use their freedom to dis on fellow citizens. Pay attention, you should see that Vets do that alot less than civilians do. Most of us get it.

#5 ·
I think that everyone should visit a National Cemetery if they have a chance. To look over and read the descriptions of each marker or gravestone makes you think of who this person was, what they did, and how they died.

#6 ·
Am very proud of my service during a time when it was difficult to be in the military. I enlisted in June 67 right after HS and served until April 70. 14 months Germany with 3/12th Cav, part of 3rd Armd. Div. then 12 months Viet Nam 84th Engr. Bn. Apr 69 to Apr 70. My Dad was a WWII vet, my older brother enlisted in 65 and I followed in 67. My Father In Law and both of wife's Uncles are WWII vets, all gone now. Have been to "The Wall" in Washington DC, have several buddies listed on it from HS and service time. Made it three times there while in DC, last trip was late at night. The darkness brings it back close and a lot of the memories I wish I could forget. Made it to Arlington and observed Changing of The Guard. Very humbling experience seeing all those crosses.

I thank all my fellow vets who went before me, during my service time and after for having my back and the nations back. I remember !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.