Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - Chevelle 1970 SS - with build sheet
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 19, 11:01 AM
hjdca
Tech Team
Harry

Re: Chevelle 1970 SS - with build sheet

I have an original matching numbers 1970 SS396 restomod, original fathom blue color, original ivory color interior, original cowl hood, original bucket seat car..... Matching number block with this color combo are very desirable. You have a very, very desirable SS396.

I think the guy was an amateur following some dumb formula that did not come out right.

If it needs a new complete restoration - ie. new paint, new interior, engine rebuild, etc..., that will bring the value down substantially..

Unless it is rusted out or something weird like that, I would say the car is worth double of what he estimated.

PS. Matching number SS396 cars are not as plentiful as they should be.... A few decades ago, a lot of people were pulling the 396 and putting in 454 engines. Do not let anyone tell you that your car is not rare, because it is rare.

PSS. Of all the car shows we go to with high dollar restorations, how many muscle cars have their original matching numbers big block ? On those high dollar auctions on TV, they make up terms like - "original, period correct motor", etc.... to compensate the fact that it is not the numbers matching motor.

Harry
1970 Chevelle SS396 (408), Fathom Blue,
Original Block & Forged Crank, KB Pistons, Edelbrock 6045 Heads,Comp Cam 292H, March Serpentine, RPM AirGap,750HP,100hp Nitrous
A/F Wideband,Tremec TKO 600, 12 bolt,
30 spline Moser Axles, Richmond 3:73's, Hotchkis control arms, swaybars, springs, Wilwood 12" rotors D/S, 4 piston calipers

Last edited by hjdca; Oct 18th, 19 at 11:24 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome