Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - Chevelle 1970 SS - with build sheet
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 19, 9:00 PM Thread Starter
meb
Tech Team

Chevelle 1970 SS - with build sheet

Was looking for a second opinion what my Chevelle 1970ss with build sheet matching numbers was worth. I called my classic insurance place and they gave me a reference to an appraiser they use. The guy came out and spent about 2 hours going over the car taking pictures and we went for a ride.

The car IS a bit of an older non-full restoration. I get it.

I was a little disappointed in the appraisal for a couple of reasons. I'll list my thoughts. They use a scale from 1-5; 5 being the best.
  • For originality it got a 2. The car is numbers matching with the build sheet. Mind you, the shocks are bilstein, the starter a high torgue aftermarket and just about everything else is orginal. It does have high energy ignition, but I did show the guy the original dizzy. The drive train numbers were photographed including the block
  • They listed the mileage as "unknown" although I showed the guy the current title and it lists the mileage as "Actual". Anyone from NJ knows thats not easy to get. I had to have the transfer title notorized.
  • They listed the wheels as condition 2; they are MINT
  • They listed the tires as condition 2; they are brand new. Perhaps not being some "oval" reproductions is why they did this?
  • Chrome was listed as 2; I don't see it. Valve covers are a bit rusty, but otherwise all is clean
  • Engine got a 3; It runs like the day it was built
  • Trunk go a 2; the guy never looked at it
  • Body got a 2; paint does have some flaws. Hate to see a 1

So this is a little starter; going to upload a couple of photos.

Any info I can provide to clarify please request. Any thoughts appreciated. Wasn't really looking to sell; was wondering after all there years what it may be worth?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fist.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	605730   Click image for larger version

Name:	Second.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	605732   Click image for larger version

Name:	Third.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	605734  

70 Chevelle SS 396; Manual Trans; build sheet; matching numbers; bench; fathom blue; white pearl interior; 63k documented miles.

65 Chevelle SS 283; Powerglide; Protect-o-Plate; matching numbers; danube blue; two-tone blue interior; 51k documented miles.

TC# 3484

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome