Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - personal pet peeve...
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 19, 1:54 AM Thread Starter
1966_L78
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage
personal pet peeve...

Okay, so I understand the nature of the "hobby" for some...

My '75+ year old neighbor got a knock on his door yesterday. Guy wanted to buy the classic car in his driveway (usually in storage, but home for a few weeks).

Not a particularly desirable car; 1957 Chrysler Windsor station wagon. "poly" V8 (no Hemi), very nice original car, true survivor. Not perfect, but very nice, "one-family" owned...

Neighbor had considered selling, but not seriously... He told the guy $8k, the guy tried to negotiate, but the neighbor held firm... Guy agreed (pretty sure there was a hand shake)… Guy left to get cash (no deposit given?)… Guy returned a few hours later, and proceeded to haggle the price down further... Sure, I guess buyer-beware, and my neighbor has a pretty good idea of the value... Didn't need to sell, but was paying $120/month storage fees. He reluctantly agreed, and signed over the car. Car is supposed to be picked up later this week, so still at my neighbors house...

This afternoon (already), the car is advertised on Craigslist and facebook (photos are in my neighbors driveway), asking $14k...

The kicker, "selling due to health"... f'in sheister…

Once you go RAT, you never go back...
TC #1366

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

Sold

&

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome