Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - r134a numbers with stock Condenser & replacement POA
View Single Post
post #77 of (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 19, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
hjdca
Tech Team
Harry

Re: r134a numbers with stock Condenser & replacement POA

I think I finally caught the Dragon ! Proper R134a content was the key to final success. My car is best with less than 48 oz. of R134a. Like mentioned in this forum before, I recommend you only put in 36 oz., then, drive around on a hot day and record your center vent temps on max high and add 2 oz at a time until you get your best temps.

Today, it was in the 90's here, and I was at 40-43 center vent temp cruising around all day. I also got some 39 degree readings. In addition idle center vent temp rises much slower and only 3 degrees or so.

I am pretty happy right now. It was not easy, but, it worked and I have one of the Koolest Chevelles around. Thanks Guys - (Al, Bob, Leo, etc..., actually, the whole board helped me !). What a great bunch !

Harry
1970 Chevelle SS396 (408), Fathom Blue,
Original Block & Forged Crank, KB Pistons, Edelbrock 6045 Heads,Comp Cam 292H, March Serpentine, RPM AirGap,750HP,100hp Nitrous
A/F Wideband,Tremec TKO 600, 12 bolt,
30 spline Moser Axles, Richmond 3:73's, Hotchkis control arms, swaybars, springs, Wilwood 12" rotors D/S, 4 piston calipers

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome