Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - 68/69 rear door windlace measurement
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 19, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
RAMBO
Lifetime Premium Member
Ben

Garage
Re: 68/69 rear door windlace measurement

Steve (First steve, lol) thanks for the pics! That helps a ton. I'm thinking my originals may not have even been installed right to begin with!

My originals are like your repop set- although the cardboard part is longer and enlarges for the "foot" at the bottom where it goes under the sill plate.

Mine definitely did not have that flap stuck into the door jam opening, but now seeing yours it explains why the sharp exposed metal edge never looked right.

Steve (2nd steve) Because mine is a post car, mine does not curve over at the top, it just goes straight up and stops where the side panel top rail meets the door card.

So it appears that I can probably order the repops and make them work, or at least get some push on welting like you did to finish it that way also.

This is the last piece of gold inside my interior so want to get it replaced properly.

Ben R.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome