Re: r134a numbers with stock Condenser & replacement POA
Ok, I replaced the Evaporator, POA, and Expansion Valve tonight. As explained in the forum, I was able to just remove half of the suitcase to remove the Evaporator. I had to take my tall valve cover off to get enough clearance. I used black weather seal gum to seal up the suit case. Note: I had already removed the other half of the suitcase a few years ago to upgrade my fan motor, but, I did not notice all the trash in the other half. Some of my old Evaporator was clogged with dirt and leaves, and there were a lot of leaves in the suitcase. I also jacked up the front of the Chevelle and took the front passenger tire off. I got to some of the bolts from underneath or through the wheel well opening. Here are some pics of the install:
Original POA eliminator and old Evaporator
Some cob webs and leaves in the Evaporator and in the suitcase. I cleaned it out good.
New Evaporator, New R134a POA, and New Expansion Valve Installed:
Tomorrow, I change the Compressor, finish buttoning it up (all the lines have been cleaned and taped), vacuum, and Charge. I will report my results.
1970 Chevelle SS396 (408), Fathom Blue,
Original Block & Forged Crank, KB Pistons, Edelbrock 6045 Heads,Comp Cam 292H, March Serpentine, RPM AirGap,750HP,100hp Nitrous
A/F Wideband,Tremec TKO 600, 12 bolt,
30 spline Moser Axles, Richmond 3:73's, Hotchkis control arms, swaybars, springs, Wilwood 12" rotors D/S, 4 piston calipers