Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - r134a numbers with stock Condenser & replacement POA
View Single Post
post #36 of (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 19, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
hjdca
Tech Team
Harry

Re: r134a numbers with stock Condenser & replacement POA

All the parts from Original Air (Tampa) arrived. I started the Parallel flow Condenser job last night after work. I am embarrassed to tell you how long it took me to do the swamp. I could do it in less than half the time now... lol. Some recommendations that I followed from this forum -- only remove the front bolts from the bumper, use a jack to lower and raise the bumper, air rachet makes things go much faster, there is a lot of screw turning. The new parallel flow condenser fit perfect. My old lines fit perfect, only some slight bending. I will install the new compressor, new expansion valve and new POA valve today. I will probably install the evaporator on thursday, then hook up the vacuum and charge. Here are some pics from last night.

Disassembly of front end to put in new Parallel Flow Condenser:

Here are installation pics of the new Parallel Flow Condenser and Dryer:

More to come the next few days as I do the compressor, evaporator, expansion valve.

Harry
1970 Chevelle SS396 (408), Fathom Blue,
Original Block & Forged Crank, KB Pistons, Edelbrock 6045 Heads,Comp Cam 292H, March Serpentine, RPM AirGap,750HP,100hp Nitrous
A/F Wideband,Tremec TKO 600, 12 bolt,
30 spline Moser Axles, Richmond 3:73's, Hotchkis control arms, swaybars, springs, Wilwood 12" rotors D/S, 4 piston calipers

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome