post #11 of (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 19, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Capt Casey
Tech Team
Casey

Garage
Re: Power Bucket Seat Mounting Bracket

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm View Post
Dean makes a good point. With the 4 piece kit you need to use the inboard threaded mounting hole on the rear outboard mount. That puts your seat in the needed spot as far as being side to side. I'd get the 4 piece set. They are far superior to the old style.
What I would do is mock it up with the mounting brackets attached to the seat and see if the spacing on the long mount fits the seat mounting spots.
If they fit great. If not looks like you will have to cut the long mount into two pieces and either weld them closer together or farther apart.
One tip is to make sure the seat tracks are extended to the sAmerican position. If one is extended dedicated or retracted further than the other the seat will sit crooked.

Brad I have to ask what you mean by this...sAmerican position I ask as I am thinking you mean right back or right forward on both sides? Most likely both to the front on both sides so the tracks are in sync yes?

Look forward to your reply With thanks

Casey

1968 Malibu sport coupe to go with
my Barbie wife of the same year!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome