nashville beth
Lifetime Premium Member
Beth

Garage
Re: Ridetech full coilover kit. 67 Chevelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesky10 View Post
Mike, Nashville Beth, and Kirk's67ss,

Thank you for the great information. I must say, the Strange S60 is a strong looking package. I was leaning toward the 12 bolt package, but with the strength of the S60, the bolt-on rear cover, it sure looks fitting for a chevy replacement.

I only have one question. Does the S60 rearend assemble internal like a chevy? Having to setup the depth/clearances of the ring and pinion requires a lot of disassembly and time.
The S60 is much faster to change gears; it has the adjustable side nuts that eliminate the shims (like a 9").

I boxed my lower control arms with a $20 kit from Summit. The rear sway bar (1") fit the locating holes perfectly.

The S60 relocates the upper control arm holes almost 1" higher and that helps traction. You want the upper arms parallel to the ground as much as possible.

I went with the stock Moog bushings as I really doubt that polyurethane benefits very much and probably ruins the ride.
Corvettes don't use hard bushings LOL

This video is good :

67 Chevelle convertible, 138 vin, original 4 speed, bucket seats, Marina Blue with black interior

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome