View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 19, 10:39 PM
Gary 396
Lifetime Premium Member
Gary

Re: Power Bucket Seat Mounting Bracket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Casey View Post
I knew it Rambo! Thanks! I'll try to see what's out there...
The Chevelle Power seat brackets are much shorter than the normal Chevelle bucket seat floor mounting brackets which are longer. Your Chevelle power Seat Brackets will normally fit 1964 to 1972 Chevelles plus all other A Body GM Cars. You can purchase a set of two brackets on Ebay for $69 Dollars or from NPD. here is the link to order your power seat brackets.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-72-Che...gAAOSwvg9XVfXC

I have attached 3 photos showing the power seat assembly and the floor brackets. My first photo shows original Chevelle Power Seat Assembly with a set of original power seat floor brackets that is out the floor of a Chevelle. The second photos shows both original Power Seat Floor floor brackets separately. The final is a photo of the aftermarket "Parts Place" power seat brackets for $69 dollars. The Parts Place is out of Michigan or Illinois. These power seat floor brackets need to be Mig or Tig welded to the floor with the Chevelle Power Seat Assembly bolted to both of the power seat floor brackets and in the proper position on the floor. The Front of both power seat floor brackets need to be in line and even with the raised front floor lip in the Chevelle Floor. Also you need make room on both sides of the seat to have clearance on both sides for seat belt retractors before you weld. One further item. Keep the original lower seat springs in your bucket seat because if you replace the lower seat springs and use the power seat assembly, you will lose headroom. The reason for keeping the original lower seat springs bottom, is that new lower seat springs are higher which raises the height of the bucket position causing a loss of head of room. If this occurs, you will have to recline the bucket seat back in a very far position in order to gain more head room which is very uncomfortable. Check the headroom before welding. Good Luck Sincerely Gary
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	! $1A1A.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	601292   Click image for larger version

Name:	! $1A1B.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	601294   Click image for larger version

Name:	! $1AC Power Seat Brackets.jpg
Views:	7