Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - AC compressor question
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 19, 10:34 AM
Dean
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage
Re: AC compressor question

So the high pressure cut off switch is in the liquid line, not the hot gas line then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampoerna415 View Post
Whoops, you are right Dutch I'm using an accumulator not a dryer I used the wrong word for that. There has been a bit of a squeak from either the compressor or belt tensioner, but it would go away after a few minutes. Now the compressor seems unusually easy to turn, there is a slight drag but I can turn it with one finger with a stub ratchet. Also the wiring for the compressor switch it run on it's own circuit (not using any of the factory stuff).
No drier means no filter in the refrigerant flow ahead of the orifice tube.
A drier is a filter-drier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampoerna415 View Post
Pretty sure I found the issue, I was checking the electrical system and the relay I'm using for the condenser stops working after about a minute, changed the relay and it's working correctly now. Still scratching my head as to why the binary switch didn't catch this. Maybe the setting is too high? The low pressure shut off is working on the switch. Perhaps 406 psi shut off on the switch is too high? Anyone know what the pressure relief valve is set to on a R4 compressor?
I assume you mean condenser fan stops, which would be my "not enough air flow through condenser reason"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Dean; Aug 17th, 19 at 11:06 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome