Team Chevelle banner

1966 12 bolt rear end in a 70

730 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Kjames 
#1 ·
I have a chance to pick up a 12 bolt out of a 66, question is besides being 1 inch narrower than my 70 10 bolt, what is the deal with the spring perch, I’m looking at the 66’s pics and it looks exactly like what I have, also are there any differences in any of the bolt in points on the control arms.
Thanks,
Keith

#2 ·
The control arm mounting points are the same. Use your original control arms. 66 spring perches are flat with bolt in washers versus the raised perches on your 10 bolt. The width difference may cause wheel issues dependent on backspacing.

#3 ·
Did you measure the width? If the spring perches are the same there is a chance it’s 67 or 68-72, which are much more common. These cars are 50+ years old, always verify what you are buying before exchanging the money.

Good luck, I hope your deal goes smoothly.

Steve R

#4 ·
the 66 perch should be flat. it wont have a bump on it, theres a ate that bolts on the plate pinching the spring. jim

#5 ·
If it is the narrower rear end and the spring perches have bumps, it's got to be a 67 rear. This is a one year only item and can be worth more than your average 12 bolt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.