Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - r134a numbers with stock Condenser & replacement POA
View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 19, 11:28 PM
DUTCH MAX HEADWORK
Lifetime Premium Member
Al

Garage
Re: r134a numbers with stock Condenser & replacement POA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjdca View Post
Hi Al, thanks for your help. I decided to throw money at it. I ordered a new parallel flow condenser, new evaporator, & new expansion valve from Original air. In addition, I know my compressor has not been treated right the last 14 years - exposed to air, leaks in the old POA eliminator valve (which I had to replace) Never evacuated, etc... It is a March P411 compressor, so, I will not take a chance, and I will also order a new one.

The suitcase was cleaned out when the engine bay was painted. In addition, I cleaned it out again, and re-sealed it well when I changed the squirrel cage fan motor. The evaporator looked good. I do not plan to mess with the suitcase.

So the plan is - new March P411 compressor, new parallel flow compressor, new expansion valve, new dryer. Let me know if you have any other recommendations. When I get the parts, I will resurrect this thread so you can follow. Thanks.
I'm going to strongly recommend ditching that POA Eliminator and installing your old rebuilt and recalibrated POA valve. If you don't have the old one, find one. I don't think you will be happy with a cycling system. Every time the compressor cycles off you'll experience a rise in temps from the vent. It's better than nothing, but if you're going all in, then go with the system that will give you all in performance.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome