Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - When these cars were cheap and plentiful
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 19, 11:39 AM
Robinls5
Lifetime Premium Member
Bob

Re: When these cars were cheap and plentiful

My first new car was a full size SS-4 speed. It was a 1965 Willow green with gray buckets. Traded it the following year , WHY? Chevy just came out with the 396 in Chevelles. SO,, Back to Baker Chevrolet in Beaver, Pa. Trade the 65 F. Size for a 66 Aztec bronze Chevelle 396 4-Speed & Radio.
In 1967 Totaled the 396, Ins, issues so I buy Mace Bakers wifes DEMO. It was a maroon 1966 Caprice ALL POWER. The under dash stereo would light up Green when you hit a stereo Sta. I use to crush beer cans with the power windows, Daa!
In 1968 I had the Caprice painted Vedero Green ( pontiac color) Also the 396 flags in the front fenders. I got some MOPAR round amber lights. They were the size of a silver dollar? Cut them down on the edges and they fit VERY NICE in the " V " painted area on the 396 flags.
In 1969 I won a 1969 4 speed Camaro from SUNOCO. Traded my 66 & the Camaro for a Caddy " ELDORADO". Drove it for a while sold it then ordered my LS-5/4 speed El Camino. Thats why my Camino has a lot of toys, Wanted it like the Caddy.
That ordered El Camino is still in my garage. The Car salesman would wet there pants when they saw me coming. They would dam near run to the door to meet me! Drinking beer in Quart containers, Girls, Got my first trophy at Quaker City, Salem ohio in 1959............ Its been all downhill with cars since then. I traded Bill Glasser a cast iron G.M. 4 speed for a running 56 Chevy 2 dr. hdt. Put me in a time machine I " WANNA GO BACK " WOW what a trip it has been !
Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1970 SS LS-5/M-22 El Camino- Org. Owner-AACA 2016-Senior Grand National Winner---MCACN-GOLD-2013
1970 ( FRAUD) SS 468 Station Wagon - Driver.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome