Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - Anybody know this 67 L79?
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 19, 9:02 PM
jeffschevelle
Lifetime Premium Member
Jeff

Re: Anybody know this 67 L79?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAIDER SS View Post
Picture #21 shows the blue / silver GM sticker on the door. I'm assuming this is correct for this '67.

Did they ever put this sticker on any late 66's, or was this something that was started in 67?

Sticker is correct. Was NOT used on 66's.

Also note that some of the door latch screws still have blue paint on them, and the others show there used to be paint that has flaked off (and flaked over onto the door itself too). If this car were from any other plant, or built earlier, that would be a red flag for a repaint. However, the KC plant did start installing the latches (and screws) before paint some time before late June of 67. I have an unrestored original paint KC 67 SS that is 06E with painted latches and screws, and my KC 67 L78 elcamino is 07D and had original deepwater blue paint on the latches and screws (under the black repaint), with no paint or primer of any kind underneath the screw heads.

Jeff Helms
-65 Z16 Survivor (Red/black/white int.) (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
-65 Z16 drag car, unrestored (Red/Red)
-65 SS Convertible (Red)
-65 300 2-dr Wagon, Modified (Tuxedo Black)

-66 SS L78 Coupe (Marina Blue), unrestored
-66 SS L34/M20 Survivor Coupe (Aztec Bronze) - 'Vintage Legend' Certified (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
-66 SS Convertible (Marina Blue)- "LOADED"

-67 SS L78 Survivor Coupe (Grenada Gold)
-67 SS L34/M21 Survivor Coupe (Tahoe Turquoise)
-67 SS L34/M20 Convertible (Bolero Red)
-67 ElCamino L35/M20 (Butternut Yellow)
-67 Concours Station Wagon (Mountain Green)

-67 Camaro SS350 Survivor (Grenada Gold)- 'Vintage Legend' Certified by the American Camaro Association

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome