Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - Anyone go from 17s back to 15s?
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 19, 11:40 PM
1966_L78
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage
Re: Anyone go from 17s back to 15s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro462 View Post
Without the whole modern suspension those big wheels with short sidewalls are dangerous! Half the tire lifts off the ground and looses contact during a panic stop with the stock suspension!!
???

How does a panic stop change the contact between big or small wheel setups?

I have swapped two Chevelles from 15 to 17 inch wheels, and both handled better. Despite the shorter sidewalls, never a problem losing contact...

I even autocrossed my '70, and no negative issues.

stock "Chevelle" discs and suspension, although I did end up later switching to taller upper balljoints on my '70, which made it even better.

Once you go RAT, you never go back...
TC #1366

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

Sold

&

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome