Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - need help with heat issue in the cab please!!!!!!
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 19, 10:43 AM
hjdca
Tech Team
Harry

Re: need help with heat issue in the cab please!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treyton75 View Post
so i have a 1981 camaro that is motor swapped with a 427 BBC an the car runs good and is solid however ive noticed that after driving at about 50-60 for awhile or just driving in genaral the driver side foot well heats up fast i know this is due to the headers warmming up how should i go about reflecting the heat so i can drive with out having my feet roasted????? (it is carb no blower or turbo..............yet)
If the headers are super hot and discoloring, then, the new motor could be running retarded and blowing gas into the headers. What is the timing ? If big cam, advance the initial timing which will help you close the throttle blades and reduce fuel at idle.

Harry
1970 Chevelle SS396 (408), Fathom Blue,
Original Block & Forged Crank, KB Pistons, Edelbrock 6045 Heads,Comp Cam 292H, March Serpentine, RPM AirGap,750HP,100hp Nitrous
A/F Wideband,Tremec TKO 600, 12 bolt,
30 spline Moser Axles, Richmond 3:73's, Hotchkis control arms, swaybars, springs, Wilwood 12" rotors D/S, 4 piston calipers

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome