View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 19, 2:14 PM Thread Starter
Pats70ss
Senior Tech Team
Pat

Re: Street Car RWHP/TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek69SS View Post
Everyone's version of "street" is different.

I have a very street-friendly 383" LS1 stroker putting down 434hp/449ft-lbs to the wheels, and I was rather disappointed in that... If I was building a BB car, I'd want at least 600 to the wheels.

600 HP to the rear wheels? seems like you would need to build quite a beast to accomplish that I will share my numbers after I get mine dialed in on Friday. The way it sits now I think I am at 430 HP and 480 TQ to the rear wheels. Guy that does my work said that is very respectful for a street friendly engine. I have thought about doing things to get more, but then I get realistic and think for what... I rarely even use what I have now and it is really well behaved, will idle for days and with the TKO600 dropping down to 15 or so cause no lugging or bucking, if I am between 4th and 5th.

I have a 454. bored 30 with Eagle rotating assembly, 10.6 to 1. Brodix Race Rites, ARH Headers. Cam is 566/566 224/224. Air Gap and putting an 850 DP on it this week. taking off the QF 780 with vacuum secondary.

Like I said was not looking to get into a big debate, just curious..

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome