Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - Car Stereo - What Do You Recommend?
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 19, 11:05 AM
hjdca
Tech Team
Harry

Re: Car Stereo - What Do You Recommend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
I am ready to upgrade the radio/stereo in my 1970 SS 396, and I see that choices are fairly limited. I do not want to alter the dash. So far, I am considering Antique Audio, Classic Car Stereo, and RetroSound. Love the look of the Antique Audio, but it doesn't do as much as the others. So which unit do you like, and why? Thanks in advance!
I have been through 3 stereos in my Chevelle. By far and away, with no equal (not even close), the best unit has been the USA made Antique Automobile Radio in Palm Harbor, Florida. radiosforoldcars. It is expensive, and there is a wait time, but, it is fantastic ! I have the SS version for my SS396. The FM tuner is fantastic, the internal amp is fantastic, the blue tooth connection to my iphone is fantastic. Honestly, this is a great stereo that looks stock. Also, the face flips from FM to AM like the original stereo. It is also a little smaller than the original, so, you can fit another small amp back there for the rear speakers. I am also using the new portable fully enclosed JL Audio subwoofer in the trunk. It all works great with no cutting of my car.

Harry
1970 Chevelle SS396 (408), Fathom Blue,
Original Block & Forged Crank, KB Pistons, Edelbrock 6045 Heads,Comp Cam 292H, March Serpentine, RPM AirGap,750HP,100hp Nitrous
A/F Wideband,Tremec TKO 600, 12 bolt,
30 spline Moser Axles, Richmond 3:73's, Hotchkis control arms, swaybars, springs, Wilwood 12" rotors D/S, 4 piston calipers

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome