Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - HEI Coil Wire Color Difference...
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 19, 9:26 PM Thread Starter
WakkoWarner
Lifetime Premium Member
Brian

Garage
HEI Coil Wire Color Difference...

I have always wondered what the difference is between the HEI coils that have red/yellow wires, and the ones that have red/white wires. Several years ago one of my cousins had a Cadillac that wouldn't start. Through the course of diagnosing it, I determined that the coil was bad. His had the red/white wires. I had one in my trunk that had the red/yellow wires on it. I installed it and it started right up (I used what I had, because he didn't have any money and it enabled him to get to work).

I didn't hear back from him, so I presume that it kept working. So, what is the difference between the two??

1971 Malibu, factory buckets/full gauges/console, 377 roller cammed small block, Turbo 400, 3.42 10 bolt posi (Buick), - All your base are belong to us.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Chevelle w/ open headers:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Chevelle w/ 2.5 pipes + X crossover/18 inch glass packs:

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome